35

𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐒
don't fucking touch me

𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐒don't fucking touch me

ECHO stared at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a little longer now, and was pulled back into a tight poly tail. Her face was makeup free, and was wearing skinny jeans with holes in them, a black tank top, and converses.

Even though, on the outside, she looked like the same girl as before, she wasn't. She was different — softer, something her father would yell at her for. She shouldn't be hanging out with vampires, shouldn't be defending them, and definitely shouldn't be sitting around drinking coffee when something major is happening.

Sighing, she left her bedroom and made her way to the kitchen, and almost wanted to stab herself in the eyes when she saw John making toast. "What the fuck?"

"Elena let me in last night," John told the younger Gilbert twin.

Echo made a face and before she could say anything, Jenna ran in the room, exclaiming, "Oh, God, I'm late!" 

"That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times," Alaric said, walking into the room behind her.

Jenna froze by Echo when she noticed John, and asked, "What the hell?" 

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric," John stated, looking between the couple.

Echo narrowed her eyes at the look the John was giving them. "Hey, asshole, take your eyes off my aunt before I stab them. We told Jenna that it was okay that Alaric stayed over, you know, since he's a better person than you, so back the fuck off."

"Thank you," Jenna told Echo, her eyes still on John. "But it's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." 

"Well, I got in late last night," John stayed, again. ""Elena let me in." 

"You know, I probably just gonna take off," Alaric told Jenna. She nodded at him and he walked out of the kitchen, and headed out of the house.

"I'm still confused," Echo stated, raising an eyebrow.

"I decided to come back and stay a while." John said.

"Not here, you're not."

"Actually, I can, as a legal guardian."

Echo's eyes widened and she and Elena looked to each other. They had completely forgot to tell Jenna. She's going to be so mad.

"Yeah, about that... Elena, you want me to explain the situation or would you like to do the honours? Or maybe you, Echo?" John asked, a grin settling on his face.

"Okay, what's going on?" Jenna asked, staring at them with wide, awaiting eyes.

"I'm sorry, Jenna. Echo and I should have told you earlier but..." Elena started, and Jenna looked at the girls both confused.