18

𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋
girls bite back

ECHO and Elena were heading for the door when Elena called out to Jeremy, "Come on Jer, heading out the door now

ECHO and Elena were heading for the door when Elena called out to Jeremy, "Come on Jer, heading out the door now."

"You forgot this," Jenna said to Echo and hands her a history book.

Echo smiled at her aunt as Elena opened the door. But, what they didn't expect was to come face to face with John Gilbert.

"Elena," John said with a smile. "Echo." He looked over their heads and stared at Jenna. "Jenna. Hey."

Jenna glared at the man. "John. You made it."

"Said I would be in by noon."

"Oh, what you say and what you do are typically two very different things," Jenna retorted as John walked past the three of them, and into the house.

"Uncle John. What's up?" Jeremy asked as he walked down the stairs before heading straight out the door.

"I had some business in town. I thought a visit was in order."

Echo rolled her eyes. "How long are you staying?" Echo Gilbert might've liked him, but Echo Winchester definitely does not.

He shrugged. "I don't know yet."

Echo nodded. "That's great and all, but we gotta go, bye!" She quickly pulled on Elena's arm, and the two of them quickly escaped the house, and headed to the car. She glanced over at her twin. ""I never thought I would be grateful for school in my entire life."

Elena started to laugh as they jumped into the car, and headed to school.

ECHO looked at the paper Alaric had handed her. "I made a copy of a paper that Jeremy wrote me. I think you should take a look at it."

Echo looked at the title 'Fact or Fiction: Vampires of Mystic Falls'. Her eyes widened."Jeremy wrote this?"

Alaric nodded. "He's very clear that he didn't think it was real."

Echo rubbed her face. "I hope so. Elena did a lot to make sure he was protected from this. And I really don't want to have to worry about my little brother." She knew Jeremy had a right to know about everything, but she didn't want to put his life on on line. She wants his life to be better than hers.

Alaric took the paper from her and frowned. "Gow do you deal with it?"

"Yeah, I'm coming up blank here, could you elaborate?" Echo asked, raising an eyebrow .

"I don't know, with all the lies and the secrets. You have to lie to everyone who's important to you."

Echo sighed. "Well, you get used to it when you have a life like mine." Alaric looked at her confused so she cleared her throat and stood up saying, "I gotta go. Bye."