39

𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐘
yes, i walked away mid-conversation. you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kicked in

ECHO bursted into the house, looking like she could murder someone

ECHO bursted into the house, looking like she could murder someone. "Jenna!" She shouted to the top of the stairs.

"She won't come out of her room," Elena explained as she stared at her twin and Alaric.

"Jenna, we need to talk!" Echo shouted again. 

"What did you tell her?" Ric asked. 

"Nothing. She won't talk to me." Elena sighed.

Echo turned and glared at her sister. "See? This is exactly why we should have told her sooner," she snapped. "But, no, we have to do what you want all the bloody time!"

"I was protecting her," Elena denied. 

"You were making life easier for yourself!" Echo shouted, furious. All this was happening and it didn't help that it was that time of the month, so she was a little testy.

Ric got in between them. "Okay, calm down. We're gonna have to fix this, guys." 

Echo scoffed. "That's an understatement." 

That's when Jenna started to come down the stairs with her bag. 

"Hey," Elena greeted, as Ric said Jenna." 

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go," Jenna stated shakily. 

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now," Ric started, wincing at his own words,

Jenna glared at him. "Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it," she retorted.

Echo stared at her sadly. "Where are you going?" she asked, confused.  "

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house," Jenna answered, not meeting their eyes.

"Jenna, please, stop. Just let us explain to you exactly what is going on," Ric tried to reason, but Jenna ignored him. 

"Echo, I need you to go to the Lockwoods' today and accept the historical society's check for your mom's foundation," Jenna told her, now meeting her eyes. 

"Okay, but Jenna, please—"

Jenna cut her off.  "I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you! Any of you!" She snapped before storming out of the house.