17

𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐍
family defines you, even if it does demand sacrifice

ECHO paced the Salvatore's living room, and chewed on her nails as she came up with ways to hurt Damon

Even though she knew, deep down, that Isobel wasn't her actual birth mother, she did have the old Echo's memories and feelings which made her confused. She didn't want to feel hurt, but she was. And it doesn't help that her actual birth mother was dead too, so this situation reminded her of that.

Damon was fixing the window because he got attacked last night, and Echo did not feel sorry for him one bit. He deserved it. He deserved all of it. Because of him, her birth mother was a monster. He killed her and sucked the life out of her.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night."

"I say that's a perfect idea. How about you just go, Damon? Maybe you'll get attacked again and hopefully you'll get a—" Echo began, feeling anger inside her that reminded her when she was in hell and tortured until she finally broke.

"I dare you to finish that sentence," Damon said, turning to look at her, hiding his hurt feelings.

"I hope you get a stake in your heart. There. I said it," she spat, crossing her arms. Damon vamped over to her and she barely even flinched. "If you're going to hurt me then do it. Kill me like you did to her."

"I'm not going to kill you, Echo." Damon backed away from her.

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house with the vampires and say, 'oops, sorry?"

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," Elena said, shaking her head.

"It was more like helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's... scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back." "

"What if Katherine doesn't want you back?" Echo asked, her eyes traveling to Damon's. "Then what?"

"Oh, she'll want me back."

"Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process," Elena spat, crossing her arm, standing by her twin. Side by side, they looked beyond angry.

"You guys don't have to be snarky about it."

"I woke up this morning to learn all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky," Echo stated, huffing. She really can never get a damn break, can she?

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?"

"Okay, I cannot believe you just said that," Echo said, clenching her jaw. "Elena, I'll be outside. Away from you." She glared at Damon on her way out, slamming the door behind her as she walked to her car. It was turning out to be a stressful day already.