31

𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀
they wanna see you do good, but not better than them, remember that

"HELLO, Gilbert twins," Damon said, opening the door of the Boarding House to reveal the twins

"Stefan here?" Elena asked as they walked in.

Echo smiled up at Damon, and poked him in the stomach as she bypassed him, and walked into the living room, and asked, "What is this about?"

Stefan moved out of the way to show Rose. Elena stepped up to stand beside her twin who pulled a face, and stood in front of Elena quickly. "Really? You?!" She scoffed.

"Hear us out," Stefan said, pleading the twins with his eyes.

Echo sighed and said, "You got five minutes before I drive a stake through her heart." She sat down on the couch and Elena sat beside her, taking her hand in hers.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years," Rose told the twins. "And I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real."

"Who is he?" Elena asked.

"He's one of the originals, one of the legends," Rose stated. "From the first generation of vampires."

"Like Elijah?" Echo questioned, tilting her head, her hair falling slightly in front of her eyes, and she blew out a breath, and the piece of hair moved out of her sight.

"No. Elijah is the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus," Rose said, shaking her head. "Elijah was just a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan pitched in.

"I don't care how old he is," Echo stated, running a hand through her hair. "You're trying to tell me that the oldest vampire in history in time is coming after us? Well great, that's just freaking' fantastic!" She huffed, rolling her eyes.

While Rose said, "Yes," Stefan said, "No."

"What they're saying is — I mean, if what she's saying is true—"

Damon was cut off by Rose saying, "Which it is."

"And you're not just saying it so we don't kill you—"

Rose cut him off again, saying, "Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe," Damon finished.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right?" Stefan asked, standing up. "Thanks to Damon and Echo. So, no one else even knows that you two exist."

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him," Stefan said, sitting on the couch next to Elena. "I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. I mean, we don't know what's real. For all we know, he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."