27

𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃
i don't rise from the ashes, i make them

"SO, suddenly, she's in the running for Mother of the Year just when I'm trying to avoid her the most," Caroline said, shaking her head as she, Elena, and Echo walked over to a gazebo

Both twins have been helping Caroline plan the Historical Society Volunteer Picnic a few months now.

"I'm babbling," Caroline said with a sigh. "Neither of you wants to hear all of this."

"Of course we want to hear, Care," Elena told her as they started to paint the gazebo. "What happened next?"

"Well, I was a bitch," Caroline said, sighing.

Echo narrowed her eyes, seeing Stefan and Damon walking towards the picnic tables. "I'm gonna go over to Damon."

Caroline and Elena watched as she walked over to Damon, smiling. He smiled at seeing her, and Stefan walked away to let them have their space. Both girls looked to each other, and raised an eyebrow before going back to work.

Damon wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and leaned down so their heads were closer, and they began walking over to the picnic tables.

"Have I told you thank you, yet?"

"For what?" Echo questioned, confused.

Damon smiled at her and said, "For continuing to still be my friend after snapping your neck and hurting Caroline as I did."

Echo shrugged. "Caroline paid you back, so did I."

After Caroline had gotten her ring, both her and Echo made a plan, and decided to prank Damon big time. They had put blue dye in his shampoo, and shrunk his clothes. And, just like she did when he snapped her neck, they shot arrows at him, and this time, Caroline had the honour of snapping his neck. It was a real bonding moment for the girls.

"You still have some blue dye in your hair, by the way," Echo snickered which made Damon reach up and touch his hair, his eyes wide. She slapped his chest and giggled. Actually fucking giggled. "We're even now, Damon. Just don't make it a habit of snapping my neck or hurting Caroline, and we'll be fine."

"Why do you want to be my friend so badly?" Damon asked, narrowing his eyes as they stopped by the lemonade.

Echo frowned and tilted her head. "I don't know..." she trailed off, her mind going back to all her old friends in the other universe. Every single one of them is dead right now. She cleared her throat and said, "You were there for me, took care of me, even when you didn't have to. Plus, you're more fun than Stefan.'

Damon smiled at her, and studied her. She was different than any other girl he has ever met, and nobody compared to her. She was soft but hard, caring but could kill you. She was everything and more, and she took Damon's breath away.