28

𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐁
she wears all black like her soul, but her heart is made out of gold

ECHO pulled her hair up in a messy bun, and headed out of the room, seeing Alaric in the living room

ECHO pulled her hair up in a messy bun, and headed out of the room, seeing Alaric in the living room. Jeremy was talking to him, saying, "I'm the one who found out about the Moonstone."

Alaric looked at Damon, who shrugged, and Alaric looked back at Jeremy, asked, "Does Elena know you're here?"

"She doesn't have to," Echo stated as she walked up to them. "I do."

"What do you got?" Damon asked, walking over to the box of research that Alaric had brought.

"This is Isobel's research from Duke," Alaric stated. "Her assistant sent it to me."

"Vanessa, the hottie," Damon said with a smile.

Echo rose an eyebrow and shook her head. "She tried to kill me..." she trailed off.

"And you killed me," Damon stated.

Echo scuffed. "You wanna go there?" She rhetorically asked before saying, "you killed me first, jackass."

Damon's smirk disappeared at that. "I apologized."

"Yeah... after I snapped your neck," Echo bluntly stated, crossing her arms.

Alaric cleared his throat. "Children..." he trailed off. "Do you remember the old Aztec curse she told us about?" He asked, getting back on track.

Damon nodded and said, "Sun and the moon, blah blah blah."

"Aztec curse, cool," Jeremy said, walking over.

Echo tilted her head, everything she researched popped in her mind. "Wait, the Sun and the Moon curse? Isn't that the one that says vampires and werewolves used to roam freely until a Shaman put a curse on them to limit their power? Where werewolves can only turn on a full moon and vampires are weakened by the sun?"

Alaric stared at her, surprised. She was both smart and badass. "You are..."

"Amazing, beautiful, nothing like the other girls?" Echo asked, smirking.

Alaric chuckled and shook his head. "Anyway, according to the legend, the werewolf part of the curse is sealed with the Moonstone."

"What do you mean, sealed?" Jeremy asked as he took the diagram that Alaric handed him.

Damon turned around, saying, "It's a witch thing. Whatever seals the curse is usually the key to unsealing the curse."

"Maybe Mason Lockwood believes he can use the moonstone to break the curse," Alaric said.

Damon shook his head. "If we start believing in some supernatural, witchy woo legend from a picture book, we're idiots. Who has the stone now?"

"Tyler," Jeremy stated immediately.