Thirteen

I left my room, turning to my right but not seeing Piers in his bed. I went to the living room and saw Piers on the balcony, drinking coffee and staring at the city. I went out then hugged his neck, making him smile as I leaned over him.

"Morning, Emilia."

"Morning, Piers." I whispered then he looked up at me, watching me stand and walk around to sit in his lap.

"Are you okay?" He asked then I shook my head, curling up in his lap and laying my head on his shoulder. His arm hugged me, his hand resting on my thigh, then I took his coffee and drank some.

"You know, if we didn't know better, we'd think you two were together." I looked at the door then saw Chris and Leon, making me smile.

"Of course you two are here." Piers said then I set the coffee down on the table, laying against him.

"How someone so busty can curl up so small, I'll never know." Leon said, sitting in the other chair as Chris pulled a chair from the dining room out.

"Thanks for mentioning my very large tits, Leon." I smirked, making him go bright red, then Piers laughed as he hugged me. His fingers laced together against my thigh then I hugged his neck, smiling into the skin there.

"What are you doing here?" Piers asked then Chris sighed.

"Wish it was for fun, Dee sent us." He said then I looked at him.

"To talk to me, right?" He nodded and I sighed, sitting up some.

"If this is about Malcolm-"

"Just tell us what happened down there that we couldn't see." Leon said and I snorted.

"I snapped, ripped them apart and killed everyone I came across in the uniform, and found Malcolm. When I snapped his neck, I lost it. I don't remember how many times I stabbed him, I just remember doing it over and over until I was covered. When I had stopped, I cut his head off and turned on the self destruct. I left, using the truck there, then went to the base." I said and Chris nodded.

"You'll need a psych evaluation-"

"Just like I did when I first joined, I know." I said then laid back on Piers, his arms hugging my stomach.

"You two just need to fuck and get together already." I closed my eyes as I laid my head on his shoulder then felt his hand move, knowing he was flipping Leon off.

"You know we-"

"Aren't like that, I know." He said then I stretched against him, popping my back and groaning as I did.

"You okay?" Chris asked and I peeked at him.

"No, my back hurts. I got hit a couple of times when I was clearing the path for you guys and my family, I wasn't really paying attention to everything when doing that." I said then Piers pushed me forward, making me lean on the table. I moved my hair as he pushed my shirt up, eyeing the bruises I knew were there.

"Damn, Emilia." Chris said then I laughed, laying my head down on my arms.

"Looks worse than it is, I swear." I said and looked at them over my shoulder, seeing Piers lightly touching my back with his thumbs, though he looked upset.

"We should have helped-"

"I snapped, Piers, I would have hurt you guys if you got too close." He eyed me then nodded as I stood, fixing my shirt. I leaned down, kissing his cheek, then went inside to make some breakfast. When the food was done, the boys came in then I let them get their food, hearing their plans for Claire's birthday.

"A party?"

"Yeah, she wants to have a party with just us here." Chris said and I shrugged.

"As long as I'm not working, I'll be here this year." I said and he nodded.

"If you don't get a psych evaluation soon, you will be." I nodded then sat, eating my food and thinking of the party.