Fifteen

I laughed as Sherry fell on her ass then stood, kicking my heels off.

"Emilia, dance!" Claire cheered then I, in my drunk mind, decided to dance to the electronic music as if I knew what to do. Then again, I did.

"Lap dance!" Jake yelled then I grinned, making him laugh.

"For who?" I asked but stopped as someone knocked on the door. I shushed them then Chris turned the music down as I opened the door to our neighbor. I cleared my throat, smiling at her, then she glared.

"It is late at night, I understand you have tough jobs but some of us don't. Please keep the noise down."

"Sorry, Amy." I smiled then she left and I shut the door.

"Oopsy." I said as I went to the others, grabbing my beer.

"Shh! Not so loud!" Leon said as Helena shrieked when she fell some.

"Guys, calm down now!" Chris said then we all sat, all of us calming down. I laid against Piers then he hugged me, making me smile.

"Emilia, truth or dare?" Chris asked and I looked at him.

"Truth." I whispered then he smiled.

"What makes us so special that you'll risk your life for us?" He asked and then I sighed, laying my head back as I tried to think.

"Honestly, you were the first ones to actually show me kindness and help me after Umbrella. If it weren't for you guys, I'd probably be in prison or dead or who knows. Maybe Umbrella would have reclaimed me, made me their weapon again, but I'm glad you were sent after me." I said, laying my head on Piers' shoulder.

"I thought this was my party." Claire said then smirked at me.

"I dare you to kiss Piers-"

"Claire!"

"Come on, you know them!" Leon and Chris complained but I felt my heart stop for a second. I froze, suddenly sober, then stood and forced a smile.

"I'm actually tired. Sherry, you can have my bed for the night like usual. I'm going to sleep." I said then walked towards the master suite, stumbling some.

"Emilia-" Chris grabbed me but I threw him off, glaring.

"I'm fine!" I snapped then stopped.

"I'm fine, just drunk and tired." I said and went to the bedroom, shedding my clothes and getting a quick shower. When I was done, I got into my PJs and laid in the bed, hugging my pillow close and silently cried to myself.

Piers' POV
I watched her stumble to the back then the door slammed shut, all of us silent.

"Claire, that was really mean." Leon finally said then she shrugged.

"She did the same to us before-"

"Okay, but that's not the point here!" Chris said and I glared.

"Because you two had a thing before, we never have. We're friends, Claire, she trusts me and you pushed it tonight." I said then she glared.

"I pushed it?! I'm sorry if I'm trying to make you two see something you can't see alone-"

"Or maybe you just want to be a nosey little girl again!" I growled then stood as Chris shot up, glaring at me.

"Piers, enough-"

"No, it won't be enough until Emilia says it is. You know where you're sleeping." I said, going to the bedroom and seeing Emilia laying down. She wasn't moving but I knew better than to think she was asleep. I pulled my shirt off, unbuckling my belt and pulling my pants off. I grabbed my basketball shorts then slid them on, laying next to her.

"Emilia-"

"Goodnight, Piers." She whispered but didn't throw me off when I hugged her waist, pulling her against me. She turned, hugging me, then I felt her face was wet and knew she was crying.

"I'm sorry Claire did that, Emilia. I didn't know she would do that, I swear." I whispered then brushed her hair back, kissing her head and pulling the covers higher up on us both. As I held her, I felt her sink farther into the bed and knew she was asleep. I scooted as close to her as I could then closed my eyes, almost wishing I had kissed her before.