Eighteen

I laughed as Jake finished telling us some story about him and Leon then I noticed Chris eyeing my hand.

"When?" He smiled then I looked at it, seeing the engagement ring there. After Piers and I came inside, my family bombarded me, the others yelled 'I told you so's, and we were hugged and congratulated.

"A few months ago." I said, Piers hugging my stomach, then Camilla grinned.

"I'm just happy. You deserve happiness, Emilia." I laughed then looked at my lap.

"I've got all the happiness I need right here." I said, looking up as someone knocked on the door.

"Who could that be?" Mom asked but Chris, Piers, Leon, and I stood. We went to the door then I looked out the window, smiling and pulling the door open when I saw him coming up the walk.

"Parker, Lucas!" They laughed as I hugged Parker, who wasn't at the door, then he groaned.

"Merry Christmas, Emilia. Sorry, we're late, the car stalled-"

"I'm glad you're here." I said then grabbed his hand, leading him and Lucas inside. The guys relaxed as we went to the great room then my parents stood.

"Lucas, Parker!" Mom smiled, greeting them and hugging them.

"I was wondering when you two would show. You nearly missed the gifts." She said, kissing their cheeks.

"Mamma!" I laughed, Camilla groaning, then mom gave me the look.

"This is my first Christmas with you in years, I'm going all out." I sighed, hugging her, then looked at Piers. I had told him what I gave my parents for today, though it was going to be his present too until I told him on the porch.

"Fine, if you insist." I said then we all sat and I grabbed my soda.

"You aren't drinking?" Parker asked and I shook my head.

"Not feeling it tonight." I said and he shrugged, taking a seat on the only empty chair and pulling Lucas in his lap.

"Okay! Emilia, help me hand out the gifts!" Camilla said and I sighed, standing and going to help.

"Damn, I'm getting old." I groaned as my back hurt then everyone laughed.

"No, you're not old." Piers said and I gave him a look, making him give me a shit-eating grin.

"This is for Claire from Chris and Leon." I said, handing it to the girl. She sighed, opening the box, then laughing as she saw her old jacket she wore in Raccoon City.

"Wow, I thought this was trash! Where did you even find this?" She asked then I noticed something.

"Hey, are those pictures?" I asked and she eyed it.

"What the- how did you two-"

"We know a guy." They said simultaneously then we all laughed. I took the jacket, seeing it was pictures of Claire with all her close friends and family, but one of them had all of us together. Even I was in the pictures.

"This is awesome, guys." I laughed then they looked quite pleased with themselves.

"Okay! For Sherry from..." Camilla stopped then I took the gift, not seeing a name on the From part.

"Huh, doesn't say." I said then handed it to the blonde, letting her open it.

"Oh, it's from Jake." She said, standing and holding the cute little sundress up.

"He bought that?" Helena asked and we all eyed the merc.

"What? I'm stupid, not blind." He said then we laughed as we continued.

"Piers, for you from mom and dad." I said, handing him the gift. He eyed my parents as he took the gift then he opened it, smiling as he saw a photo album.

"What is this?" He asked then I grabbed it, grinning as I saw the cover.

"From Canadiel, this was us in the fountain. I remember that, the power had cut off because of a bad storm and it was so hot." I laughed then Camilla giggled, obviously remembering.

"Remember when mamma and auntie came out? They yelled at dad for hours." She laughed and I nodded, flipping through.

"These are from now." Leon said, pointing to the more recent pictures.

"We've been collecting for you." Mamma said then I laughed as Piers took it.

"You're telling me the stories behind these." He said and I groaned, making everyone laugh.