Nineteen

"Alright, for mom and dad, from Emilia." Camilla said then dad took the small envelope.

"What could it be that is so small?" Mom asked as she opened it, grabbing the card and reading it.

"'To my parents, I love you both and thank you for all you've done for me.'" She said then I grinned as everyone cooed.

"Keep reading." Piers said, smirking as my dad took the card.

"'I hope you enjoy your eternal gift, nonne and nonni.'" He said then my family stared at me.

"Emilia." Camilla said then I grinned.

"Look inside the envelope." I said and Camilla took it, the others confused since they didn't speak Italian. She grabbed the little picture then squealed, hugging my neck and nearly tackling me.

"Oh my god, congrats!" I laughed, hugging her as my parents silently stared, then my dad glared at Piers.

"You had better not leave them-"

"Don't plan to." He said then, surprisingly, Jake got it first.

"You're pregnant?!" He yelled, the others staring, then I smiled.

"Oops." Piers mumbled, making everyone laugh, then it was another round of hugs and congrats and shit.

"Okay! The last one is for Emilia!" Camilla said as she grabbed the last gift.

"This one we have been saving for you." She said then I grabbed the old, beaten up box. I looked down then stared at the name on the tag.

"Emilia?" Claire called me then I lightly touched the tag. For: Emilia From: Auntie Jo.

"Hey, you okay?" Lucas asked and I nodded, untying the box and pulling the lid off. I saw a letter then grabbed it, unfolding it and clearing my throat.

"'Emilia, you've grown into such a strong young girl. I know you'll be a strong young woman as well, and lord help the man who tries to tame you.'" Everyone laughed then I smiled, trying not to cry as I continued.

"'I understand this will be hard for you, since I'm very sick, but I do love you. I leave you with this gift that can't be replaced, one that I know you hold dear to your heart and one I hope you will cherish for the rest of your life and hopefully pass to your children.'" I finished, folding the letter then setting it aside. I reached into the box then cursed my hormones as I tried really hard not to cry.

"What is it?" Camilla asked then I cleared my throat, showing her the necklace my aunt had handcrafted in her shop.

"She was working on this before she got sick. She said it was for someone special and important, she never told me who." I said then put it on, smiling as it hit my chest.

"Sick? I thought-" Sherry started but I cleared my throat.

"She had cancer, we found out a year before." She nodded then I closed the box, setting the letter on the top.

"Sometimes I hate that woman." Mom said then I looked at her.

"She never told me either, Emilia." She smiled and I laughed, my sister hugging me. She knew how close I was to our aunt, we were inseparable. If I was planning something, she was doing it too.

"She's in a better place, Emilia."

"Yeah, the throne of hell." I said and everyone laughed.

"That woman was an evil bitch, but we loved her for it." Camilla laughed and we nodded, mom standing to finish dinner.

"Come on, everyone. Time to eat." Mom said then my sister stood, everyone leaving as Piers helped me stand.

"You okay?" I nodded as he brushed my hair behind my ear then smiled at him.

"Yeah, I'm perfect." I said, kissing his lips, then grabbed his hand and led him to the table where our family sat.