xix. she likes girls, duh

chapter nineteen
she likes girls, duh

 "IT'S A MIRACLE!"

 "She won't see it that way . . ."

 "There's not one scratch on her! Evans, this is amazing!"

 Evans rolled her eyes at her partner. She snapped on her blue rubber gloves, softly pressing her hands around the sleeping girl's chest, neck and face, checking for injuries.

 "You saw that car, Ella," He spoke up again, reaching across the ambulance for his own gloves. "She shouldn't have survived it."

 Ella Evans scoffed, choosing to ignore his words as she blew her kinky curls out of her face. "Her nose is bleeding," she said, wiping the blood away with a cotton ball. "There might be internal bleeding. She must have hit her head."

 "How is she still breathing?" He muttered under his breath.

 Ella brightened when the girl on the stretcher stirred, slowly waking up.

 "Shit, okay. Jacob, go tell Chris to hurry, she's waking up."

 "What?"

 "Tell Chris to fucking step on the gas!" Ella exclaimed before turning her attention to the girl who was now wide awake, trying to sit up. "No, lay back down."

 "Where am I?" she asked, her green eyes looking around the place. It was small, and it felt like it was moving, was she in a van? Did someone kidnap her?