32 - Shame and Smiles

TIANA'S PERSPECTIVE

__

"So what else happend?"

Andrew played with the ends of my hair as he explained and told me in every little detail of his Military journey. We didn't even think to get off the floor nor to move a mussle after we fought, we were lost in deep conversation were I listened with out a word as ran my fingers through his hair touching his scar every once in a while.

"I was the only one that could do the job, mentally and physically." He said proudly, My smile spread proud of him but still pained to picture him hurt and in need of help.

"I had to go out into the night, hide out in the forests, watch men die, kill men, I would be woken up by the sound of gun fire and explorations." Andrew explains.

Heartbreaking as it was, it was just fascinating to listen, it was also fascinating to see and hear how he explains it, his hands would move around in the air and by each breathtaking moment his voice would change as if it were a movie or a cliffhanger in a grate book.

I still frowned with fear and let out a little breath. "I could only imagine what it could have been like." 

Andrew nodded as he put his feet up on the wall moving his head away from my lap, I followed his action and watched him still entertained.

"Do you have nightmares?"

Andrew clasped his hands together on his chest with a deep sigh. "Sometimes." Once agian my heart saddened and I tsk. "-Every once in a while I'll wake but it's very rear.."

"You shouldn't go back." I said touching his hand. He stared at me for a moment then shrugged as if it was nothing.

"I don't think have a choice."

I rolled my eyes annoyed by his words, I was irritated because he was putting himself in a position where he could die agian. True he was strong, mentally and physically but then agian Andrew never saw or thought about the consequences of some of his choices; that was always his biggest problem.

"But you do Andrew. You have a choice with anything that you do with your life; people can't make you do anything, unless you choose to listen."

He took a hold of my hand running his thumb on my knuckles. "I know."

"It's up to you to make a good choice for yourself." I smiled hoping that he would pick up my point. It's not nor will it ever be my place to tell him what he can and can't do with his life, I was only a guid of support and great open options.

Andrew shuffled closer leaving us two feet apart, he flickers to my lips, I couldn't help but do the same but ever so quickly his emotion had changed.

"Is that why you chose to leave? Because you knew you were pregnant or because you were scard I wasn't going to be there for you?"

His sudden question took me by surprise and I parted my lips not knowing what to say; I couldn't resort by telling him off by going to the military or the jobs he had because I didn't know. He too didn't know half of the truth why I decided to leave in the first place, and just assuming that I would leave because I was scared he wasn't going to be there  is just utterly ridiculous.