35 - Close

___

Andrew's perspective.

I had left her speechless that's for sure. Her pretty little face was left completely confused. It was best that I didn't let her find out that I and her brother were stalking and investigating on her 'perfect boyfriend'. I needed her safe and sound, away from all these dramatic problems.
Peeking from the bottom of the steps into her room she sighed and laid back down in her bed with a small mutter. Seeing all of this now I wondered how Tiana did not see or piece together to how very suspicious all this has become I mean she must be completely blind and naive to see the real truth. Thinking back now, Tiana was never like this with me.

As soon as Nikola reached the bottom of the steps he called to the family grasping mainly Mrs Cross's attention. She smiled handing him a cup of tea as he rushed outside as he was on the phone no one seemed to notice his sudden disappearance when he walked out the door though. Andre had appeared through the archway and stood by it as he gave me a nod in greeting. "He's on the move," I stated softly.

Andre had nodded simply and gone over to his room and shut the door as Mrs Cross also gave me a cup; smiling I thanked her and went over to the living room sitting outside on the balcony, putting in some headphones and listening into Nickola's conversation as I had a small preview of his behaviour.

"You have no choice but to do what he says. You made a deal and you need to live by it now." The man said from the other side of the phone. It was with a guy, he didn't sound familiar, his voice was soft and hushed as if he knew someone was listening. "-I won't have this discussion any further. Two million dollars and your freedom."

The plot had only thickened.

My eyes had widened and Nikola let out a frustrated groan I could hear him mutter from the outside. He was standing just outside the driveway walking up and down the footpath. Agitated and reckless he hissed into the phone. "There is no hesitation and distractions within this mission. I just need the word from him."

Who was 'him'? Alexander?

For a quick moment, the man fell silent but when he spoke he said in a rasped tone. 

"You have my word. Get it done."

Then ever so quickly he had hung up. Nickola stared down at his phone and knelt to the ground and placed his hands to his face. I pulled out my headphones and crossed my arms over my chest as I got up from the chair.

"Everything okay down there?" I called to Nickola. I was provoking him, making things harder than it already was. He had quickly got up looking up towards me. "Yeah- Yeah everything is fine. My grandma is in the hospital"

I hummed to myself. Seeing as the plan has already begun to piece together for a split second I thought danm, he was good. But then I remembered that I was already three steps ahead of him.

"I hope everything is alright," I called, he nodded saying nothing I diced it was time to head inside before he had stopped me, "Andrew." Coming back to the balcony leaning against the rail I raised my eyes brows in question.

"I'm just going to clear my head, can you tell Tiana I'll be an hour?"

Way too good. "Yeah, for sure man, take all the time you need. I'm sure she'll understand."

Nickola nodded pulling out his keys from his pocket giving me a tight smile as he did. He jumped into his car, speeding away ever so quickly. I on the hand quickly ran up to Andre's room where he was already bringing up Nickola's location.

"He's on the move," I said as I sat next to Andre, he only shrugged pointing at the screen showing Nickola's dot is moving a few blocks away from the house. I hummed. Andre leaned back into his chair placing his hands behind his neck, we both watched the navigation dots began to beep and quickly move fast towards the high way.