40 - Deserve Nothing

Part II - FIght for you

Andrew's perspective. 

"Can you remember what happened? Or anything they said? Or where you think were first before this basement?" I asked looking down at her seriously; Tiana shook her head as if she was trying to remember, and I tsked impatient by her with her memory. This was time-consuming and there was no time to waste. "Baby. You need to try and remember in case there is something that I missed in those files."

"I'm trying to think Andrew. Be quiet." She sighed and looked away from me as she clutched onto my side of my waist to gain her balance as she limped. Her shaken arm lifted in her and pointed down the hall. "If anything I know Nickola walked down this way because this is when I was starting to wake up."

She gasped pointing on the floor, "look, there's my ring." She began to waddle over to it but I only caught onto her arm making sure she wouldn't fall, "it must have fallen out of his pocket when he pulled out his phone."

My eyes had widened in question but as she knew what I was about to ask she spoke. "It was with either Alexander or his sister. He was explaining that this whole situation was blackmail to save himself and his family. It was never meant to get this personal with our family, and I only figured it was just because of our relationship but I was wrong he was saying things that were hard to understand, something about you, something about your mother and your old family."Tiana looked up at me. "What old family?"

I sighed heavily and shook my head in disappointment, it was all the same and knew it was all a twisted plan of revenge and jealousy.

"He won't ever let this go."

"Let what go, Andrew?"

My emotions were running high and low and I wasn't in the mood to be explaining a situation that was too complicated to understand. Tiana grumbled under her breath but she held her tongue but I knew at some point she would lose her patience.

"When will you ever tell me about your true past, Andrew?"

"It's too complicated to understand Tiana. We need to stay focused, anything can happen right now." I had explained, at the same time my stomach twists into anxiety and I was beginning to become self-conscious about this space. The lights were slowly disappearing as we walked further into the hall, some flicked and somewhere off, the atmosphere began to smell like burnt rubber and gasoline as we walked deeper into the darkness the quieter and colder it got.

My instincts were pulled both on my gun and Tiana as my eyes swooped the area, it was empty. I felt her clunch onto my arm, she snapped me out of my daze and I couldn't help but take a breath of relief. I glanced down at her seeing those big brown eyes beam with pure worry, my hand cupped her cheek gently. "Stay close." I had whispered. When I looked up, here we are already in a giant space. Small smashed windows on the very top with rotting moulds smeared all over, broken glass, chairs and rusting old equipment all over the place.

As we were snooping around it must have been a good two minutes when suddenly a loud crackling noise of a vinyl echoed the space following the sound of broken music, both Tiana and I flinched as we spun around. It was too dark to see where it was coming from, and all I can do was aim my gun at it. But when I finally heard the soft melody chime my heart broke when I heard the last song my mother listened before the explosion.

We back away from the music as I kept Tiana by my side when suddenly every light in the room had lit up one by one until the last was above us.

"How lucky am I to have caught both of you," Alexander boomed in an announcement. Tiana gasped as I clasped onto her and my gun. I darted around steering to where the voice is coming from; Alexander chuckled sarcastically and I can almost picture him shaking his head."I love it when you get all defensive Andrew, especially for her. You'd think by now you would have learnt from your mistakes."

I growled under my breath and shook my head, Alexander was never easy, he always knew how to manipulate and demand any sort of weakness and out of all three, he was the one playing the biggest game.

"- and you Tiana would have learnt to keep you legs closed after every vulnerable brake up." "What the fuck did you just say?!" I screamed on the top of my lungs and pulled out my gun in anger, ready to fire. Tiana tried to calm me down as Alexander chuckled, "Ah ah ah. I wouldn't do that if I were you." only patronising my anger. "Take a look around Drew, your in my world now."Beyond angry, I wasn't thinking when I shoved Tia to the side and stomped to the sound of Alexander's voice, suddenly big giant men appeared from the shadows all dressed in black with robbery masks.

Two began to stalk my way with strapped on weapons around their waist. I could fight them off, there was no problem but I wasn't thinking when suddenly.

"Andrew!" Tiana shouted. A gasp had escaped my lips to the sound of her voice and when I span around, Tiana was being tugged away from the centre with giant arms locked around her. Before I can run towards her hard and fast I was jabbed in the back with the gun causing me to yell in pain, then forced to my knees, my head was pulled back to witness Tiana captured into Alexander's arms.