One - The Frown Never Fades

Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water. ~Christopher Morley

*Recap*

"Oh, which direction do you live in?" I asked. He pointed towards the East. "Hey! Me too!"

"Really?" He seemed to perk up.

"Yeah! Why don't we walk together?" I suggest and he nodded before climbing up and walked down the path with me.

And that day started it all.

Ashton's POV

"Ash, it's so so obvious you like him. All you do is sit back and stare at him all the time." Calum informed me as I was looking at Luke talking to our maths teacher. He was so smart..

"I can't help it, Cal. He's so perfect." I sighed.

"I don't even know if he's gay or bisexual like you, Ash." Calum said.

"I know, but he's so smart and pretty and talented." I huffed a breath of annoyance. "Why can't I be like that?"

"You are?" Calum responded and dismissed the compliment.

"Hey," Michael sat next to us and began to tell Calum about this hot girl. I kept my eyes on Luke and noticed a saddened look on his face as he dropped his head. His eyes closed.

Luke began to walk back to his seat next to me and with a frown pulled out his textbook.

"Luke, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Huh?" Luke said. "Oh hi Ashton." He broke into a smile, the sadness seemed to fade. "Did you need something?"

"What were you talking to the teacher about?" I asked.

"Oh, I was simply talking to him about some homework assignment. No big deal." Luke dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Gabby Weschamp." Michael said. "Hot, right?"

"Ew, no." Luke wrinkled his nose and we sat shocked. "What? I don't find myself attracted to her I'm sorry."

"Luke she is the hottest girl in school." Calum said.

"Uh, no. That's nasty." Luke shrugged.

"Who do you think the hottest girl in the school is?" Michael rolled his eyes and Luke pursed his lips in concentration.

"I think Nina Peers is really pretty." Luke shrugged. Nina was a girl a little taller then Luke, about my height. Tan with brown-blonde curls, and hazel eyes and dimples.

"So Ashton's female form?" Calum snickered and Luke flushed red.

"I..Well..I-I don't know." Luke shrugged nervously. "She's prettier then Gabby though. What do you think, Ash?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Who do you think the most attractive girl in school is?" Luke asked. "Your bi you can answer."

"Um..Probably Selene Grain." I shrugged. Selene was blonde haired blue eyed, kinda lanky and was about Luke's height.

"So Luke's female version." Michael chuckled. "Am I missing something here?"