Seven - Hoping for The Best

Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken. ~Albert Camus

Ashton's POV

"Where is he!?" I panicked as I stood in front of Luke's locker with an extremely tired Calum.

"Ash school doesn't start for another twenty-five minutes. You should relax." Calum yawned.

"What if he doesn't show up!?"

"Ash, we've only been here five minutes." Calum sighed. "You need to calm down. I'm about to punch you in the face."

I nodded in response as I ran my hand through my hair and over my face.

"Guys..?" A small voice said and I turned around and saw a wide eyed Luke. I wanted to run to him, hug him, tell him how worried I was. I would if I didn't think I would break him, he looked so fragile..

His hair was messy, there were bags and shadows under his eyes, his collar was messed up and his shirt was semi-untucked, his tie was tied wrong and hung lose around his neck.

"Luke, come here." I said softly as Calum looked at me, just as shocked.

Luke took a few steps towards me and I began to fix his shirt. He watched me with big blue eyes while I adjusted his shirt. I untie his tie only to retie it and tighten it. I fixed his hair the best I could.

"Thank you." Luke mouthed.

"Of course." I said quietly.

"Hey I'm going to go find Michael." Calum said and ran off. Leaving me alone with the blonde, standing dangerously close so I could feel his sharp, short breaths.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Luke nodded slowly. "Promise?" Luke would never break a promise. And I could tell he was lying by the way he was just standing there, his mouth slightly opened as if he wanted to speak. His mouth closed as he chewed on his lip ring. Ignoring me, he turned to his locker, opening it he placed his bag inside.

"Luke, please." I pressed

"I don't know what to say." Luke mumbled.

"I'm worried about you." I sighed.

"Please," Luke said with a shaking voice, his hand tightening on the locker door so his knuckles turned white. "Don't be."

"Luke.." I mumbled. Luke turned to me. Big blue eyes that practically stared into my soul, like he could see right through me. "Please, tell me what's going on with you."

Luke took a small step forward, and another before he slowly wrapped his arms around me, I didn't know what to do at first. But I slowly moved my arms around him as his head rested on my shoulder.

Luke pulled back and sucked in a deep breath before releasing it towards the floor.

"Ashton, I'm sorry." Luke sighed.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked. I saw Michael and Calum reappear behind Luke but he didn't notice, instead the two stood silently.

"Luke there's really no one in the school yet, so it's a good time to just say whatever." I said.

"I-I..Well..I'm not sure h-how to put this.." Luke mumbled as he looked down at the floor, twisting his foot around.

"Just go ahead and say it." I have a reassuring smile.

"I-I'm.." Luke mumbled. "I'm gay.." His blue eyes finally looked up to me and I saw Calum go wide eyed and Michael close his eyes and let out a silent sigh.

"That's okay." I smiled. Luke gave a small smile.

"Luke why didn't you tell us!?" Calum gasped behind us and Luke screeched and ran into me.

"H-How long were y-you standing t-there!?" Luke squeaked.

"To know you're gay!" Calum yelled.

"Cal do you want the whole damn world to know? Shut up." Michael sighed.

"Did you know!?" Calum asked.

"Yeah I knew. I found out when he was crying at Ash - "

"Michael!" Luke cut Michael off.

"What was he talking about?" I asked.

"Nothing!" Luke and Michael said together.

"What are you hiding, dammit!" I snapped and smashed the side my fist off the locker and I watched Luke sink on the floor near Michael's legs covering his head, small whimpers coming from him. "Whoa.."

Michael bent down and gently rubbed Luke's back. Giving me a sad look.

"Luke, are you okay?" I asked as I crouched next to him. His hands fell from his head and onto the floor as he pushed himself up. Holding hisself tightly with his arms.

"Luke, just tell Ashton." Michael whispered to the blonde who looked at me with wide blue eyes. But they squinted slightly when he smiled. "There's nothing to tell." And just like that, Luke ran off.

"He's so suspicious.." I mumbled. "Michael can't you just tell us?"

"I can't." Michael sighed. "Y'know, maybe I'm wrong." Michael gave a quick nod. "Yeah, it's just a bad day. Luke is perfectly fine."

"You sure?" Calum asked.

Michael gave it a second, his lips pursed together in thought before he spoke. "I'm positive." Then Michael left.

"Calum what's going on? Seriously, we're missing something." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "I feel.."

"Feel how?"

"I feel like I barely know Luke anymore." I sighed. "Did you see how badly I scared him? And what about the bullies?"

"I don't know Ash." Calum sighed. "Well, at least we know he's gay, and so you can date him."

"I doubt that will happen." I scoffed as I turned to walk away.

"But you wanted to date Luke for such a long time!" Calum said. "Why do you doubt it?"

"Because," I breathed. "How can I date someone I barely know?"

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Sorry this is short I just wanted to put this up there.

This story is like an emotional roller coaster holy hell.

Anyways. Today I went back to school and all I wanted to do was write so I was like ugh all day.

It's kinda sad that Nerd Alert ended cause now I feel like I've lost a connection with so many people. Like awh.

Anyways..

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX