10 - Afraid Of You

Friends accept you the way you are. ~Marilyn Monroe

Luke's POV

"It's getting kinda late, your mum might get worried." I said quietly, somewhat choking on the word 'mum'.

Ashton frowned. "Will you be okay?"

Probably not, but I would never say that. Instead I simply nodded.

"Can you promise me that you will be okay?" Ashton asked. I would lie, but I would never break a promise.

"No, I-I can't." I shook my head slowly.

"Well..How about I just stay here?" Ashton gave a small smile.

"But..We have school tomorrow." I frowned.

"I don't care." Ashton smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and looked up at me. "I want you to be okay."

He doesn't even know the half of it.

"Well. I'm kinda..Kinda tired." I admitted. Ashton nodded and threw me over his shoulder. "A-Ash!"

"It's quicker!" Ashton said as he began to run with me over his shoulder while I bursted into uncontrollable giggles.

Ashton threw me on the bed and just as I went to roll off he grabbed me and pulled me back on the bed.

"You're so cute, what the hell." Ashton whined as he sat down.

"Ew gross." I wrinkled my nose. "You're way cuter then I am."

"No way!" Ashton said. "You are absolute perfection. Well as close to it as you can get."

"I-I'm not." I smiled shyly.

"You are in my eyes." Ashton said. By now we were close enough that I could feel his breath. And as soon as I thought he was leaning closer we were both stopped by the loud sound of Ashton's stomach.

"Heh, whoopsie." Ashton smiled.

"Go downstairs and get something to eat." I rolled my eyes. Ashton nodded and walked out of my room while I laid in bed. My eyes focused on the ceiling. I wasn't even that tired, physically and mentally exhausted yes. But not sleepy.

"I'm back." Ashton said as he walked in with chips. My father's chips, I would say not to eat them but I knew they were Ashton's favorite.

In other words, it was worth the beating.

"Want one?" Ashton asked and he held a hopeful look. I look I didn't want to diminish. So I reached in the bag and carefully pulled one out, playing it in my mouth and chewing slowly.

"So," Ashton said as he laid down next to me.

"So?"

"I don't know, honestly." Ashton smiled. "Luke, why do you always hesitate to tell me something?"

"I want you to be okay." I said, my voice choking slightly.

"But what if, what if something happened to you. And I had no idea why, don't you think that would hurt more?" Ashton asked.

"Maybe." I said. "Either way you'd blame yourself."

"You're right." Ashton sighed. "I wish you weren't but you are." I thought about it, telling Ashton the truth, but after remembering how heart-broken Calum was I just couldn't.

Ashton closed the bag of chips, setting it on my nightstand he just looked at me for a second. I began to nervously chew on my lip as he continued to look at me.

"W-Why are you staring at me?" I squeaked.

"I'm trying to decide something." Ashton said. "I think I've decided."

Ashton rolled over me, his legs straddling my waist, my eyes wide and slightly glancing at the arms on each side of me.

"I think I've reached a decision." Ashton said and his arms bent like he was doing a push-up as his lips pushed against mine.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do.

And I did the first thing that came to mind.

My eyes closed as I began to kiss Ashton back, lifting my head slightly off the bed to add more forced.

"You," Ashton panted as he lifted up off me. "Have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

I didn't say anything, I don't know if I could. I was in more then shock. I was ashamed. I regretted kissing Ashton like that, but I didn't know what else to do.

So I smiled shyly as Ashton clicked off the light, laying down next to me I noticed he was still in his uniform. So I stood up to get Ashton some clothes.

"Where are you going?" Ashton asked.

"I'm just getting you something to wear." I said and turned the lights back on as I tossed Ashton a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. And Ashton stood up, changing right there. He shed off his shirt revealing a toned torso and stripping off his pants to reveal his black briefs.

I swallowed hard and tried to turn my eyes away but could not manage to. Ashton chucked at me. It was a few minutes later before we were both laying together in my bed again. A good distance apart.

"G'Night Luke." Ashton yawned. I laid awake, waiting for Ashton's soft snores to echo through the walls of my room. I felt guilty, hateful, miserable. I shouldn't have kissed Ashton, when I knew I didn't want to one hundred percent, when I couldn't offer a relationship. When Ashton fell asleep my thoughts consumed me, I stood up and walked out of the room. Down the stairs. In the kitchen.

And the liquor cabinet opened.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Sorry this chapter sucked and was short and I'm too lazy for author notes :/

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX