Six - Admition

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~Buddha

Luke's POV

I was at Ashton's house alone with him until Michael and Calum arrived. They both immediately rushed to me, asking if I was okay to which I responded to with a yes.

"Luke come help me in the kitchen." Michael smiled and pulled me into the kitchen. I stood confused. "Look, listen, so I've been thinking."

"That's dangerous."

"Shut up." Michael said. "Anyways, I need to know everything." Michael reached out and tapped my wrist. As if he already knew.

"M-Mikey.." I mumbled. Already shaking in fear.

"Not now, later." Michael breathed. "You know, you can't hide this from Ashton and Calum forever. You so obvious yet they're so oblivious."

"I know.." I mumbled as I folded my arms and looked at my feet.

"You know," Michael sighed. "I shouldn't be telling you this but Ashton really likes you. You're all he ever talks about." I looked up at Michael with wide eyes and he have a small smile. "I promise."

"W-Wow." I mumbled.

"He deserves to know what's happening with you Luke." Michael sighed. "Maybe you should consider telling Ashton."

"Telling me what?" And I froze.

"Hi Ashy!" I turned around with a large smile and heard Michael sigh beside me.

"Knock it off, Luke." Michael said.

"Knock what off..?" Ashton asked and Calum peaked his head in. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, I was just talking to Mikey." I smiled. It was always all smiles and giggles with me. And maybe I was like that once, but that had faded. It was only an act at this point.

No one else could know.

"Dammit Luke." Michael sighed and pushed past everyone.

"M-Michael.." I mumbled and followed him but he stopped and I bumped into him before he turned around.

"Just stop!" Michael snapped. "Dammit Luke you are such a liar!"

"I'm-I'm not.." I muttered. "Michael don't be mad, please don't be mad."

"Luke don't look at me like that." Michael groaned. "Stop with the doe eyes!"

"Michael don't yell at Luke." Ashton snapped. I watched the two of them banter back and forth and exchanged a sorrowful look with Calum. It was always my fault, I always did this. I caused the arguments.

"Guys stop!" Calum yelled and I flinched at his voice but everyone turned to me.

"Oh Luke, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. Please stop crying." Ashton said and moved to wipe away the tears but I pushed him back and walked through the three boys. "Lukey?"

"I'm going home." I mumbled as I picked up my jacket and walked towards the front door.

"No don't leave." Ashton whimpered behind me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" I gave a weak smile to the group behind me and they all gave distraught looks.

"We will." Michael said, force behind his voice.

I nodded and ran out of the house. Down the steps and in the direction of my own house. Taking shaky breaths in as I walked up the front steps.

I opened the creaking door into my dark house, looking around hoping no one else was home. Hoping my father wasn't here.

I walked through the rooms and saw him passed out in the living room and hoped that he wouldn't wake up until later. But for now I walked up the squeaking stairs and into my small bedroom.

"Why me.." I mumbled as I glanced at the reflection in my mirror. "What did I do? If I did something wrong I'm sorry. But no one deserves this anguish." I sucked in a breath. "But, if it had to be anyone, I'm glad it was me."

I turned and walked over to the chair in my room and lifted up the cushion to pull a tiny flat box out.

[A\N: Triggering Scene, I'll put up another author's note when it's over. Don't read if you can't handle this.]

I locked my door knob and sat down on my bed, glancing at my phone screen.

Ashton: Luke are you okay?

Michael: Do you need us to come over?

Calum: Luke, answer.

Ashton: Luke..Answer please I'm getting worried..

Michael: Don't you dare do anything stupid.

Calum: If you don't answer I'm going to march all the way down to your house and find out if you're okay.

I rolled my eyes and sighed before sending them all the same text.

Luke: I'm okay.

I opened up the box and smiled down at the shining silver inside it. Pulling out one of the blades I slid off my sweatshirt and stared down at my ruined skin.

What did I care?

Ashton would, wouldn't he?

I wasn't naïve enough to see Ashton didn't care, I just knew this would hurt him.

Just one..

And before I knew it, one turned into two, two to four, four to an uncountable amount. Both arms freshly lined and dripping red.

A mess made across my clothes, my bedding, my mind.

I glanced down at my phone and had seen thirty minutes have passed. I put the blades back in the box before returning to my bed, still dripping.

[A/N: Okay go ahead.]

I glanced at my phone screen.

Eight missed calls.

"The hell." I mumbled as I glanced through them. Ashton taking up five, Michael two, Calum one.

I shifted my phone around in my hand before locking it and laying down in my bed.

I'm not an idiot, well at less I wasn't one, and I know right from wrong. I know this is wrong. I know I'm hurting others by hurting me. However, that hurt isn't what they see. Because I'm smiling and I pretend. So I will fake myself until the end. It will keep them safe, out of harm. I'll never admit myself.

By keeping my secret it keeps them, it keeps Ashton, happy. I will keep myself in the dark if it makes them see light.

I'm ruining myself. But it's okay. It has to be.

And the tears finally fell before I fell asleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

What the hell did I do..

Well. Heh. Sorry?

Um..

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX