25 - Talking To The Law

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. ~Desmond Tutu

Luke's POV

"Luke relax." Ashton said as we walked to his mother's car.

"I'm trying." I groaned. "Ashton shut the hell up, this is the second time I'm going in here and I'm going to tell a different story but same kind of case and last time I did I got my butt kicked. So don't you dare tell me to relax!"

"Okay.." Ashton mumbled. Ducking his head down. "I'm sorry."

I let out a sigh. "Ashton, I love you but please."

"Okay." Ashton said quietly as we climbed into his mother's car. He kept his eyes down, locking them down upon his hands.

Great, I had to go ahead and mess up yet another thing. I had to upset Ashton, I had to ruin everything like always.

I deserved whatever you father had to throw at this point.

I could feel the tension in the car as we drove to the police station, and as I got out of the car I felt the full extent of my nerve. But running to Ashton to calm them wasn't an option, I would hurt him again.

Upon entering the police station we were instantly greeted by Sarah, who escorted Ashton and I into the back room.

"Okay Luke," Sarah said. "We need you to tell us what happened, the night that sent you to the hospital."

"Okay.." I said quietly. Trying to recall the memory. I spent about an hour telling a recorder what happened. This time, Ashton didn't touch me, he just say back arms folded. And I felt as if it was driving me me insane. I wanted to feel Ashton's touch, feel his warmth, feel loved. At this point I've never felt so alone.

It was dumb too, so I snapped at Ashton, big deal, we're all stressed out and I didn't think what I said was that bad. Was it?

"Okay Luke," Sarah said. "I have someone you need to talk to, since you're going to testify."

"Okay."

"So it's a lawyer, the one that defended your case last time even though you didn't show up." Sarah said. "I'll go fetch him."

"Okay." I nodded and watched her leave before sitting back in my chair. Looking to Ashton who kept his eyes casted at the door.

"Ashy.." I mumbled. Ashton raised his eyes to me. "Are you mad at me?"

"No." Ashton shook his heads. "I just don't appreciate trying to help you and then being pushed out, it feels like before any of this happened. All you did was push me out and I'm scared that's what you'll do again."

I frowned, feeling bad for my actions. "I'm sorry, Ashton."

"It's okay." Ashton said, rubbing his arm nervously. "I just, I guess I panicked a little. Maybe it felt like I was losing you."

"You'll never lose me." I smiled.

"Promise." Ashton said, his voice growing quieter and quieter.

"I promise." I said. I leaned forward and kissed Ashton before the door opened. Entering a tall curly-haired brunette with matching eyes.

"Hello." He smiled and sat down. "My name is Peter Parker."

"Isn't that Spider-Man?" Ashton asked.

"Yes, I was joking. My name is Garret Wolfe." He smiled. "You must be Luke Hemmings and you are.." He turned to Ashton.

"I'm Ashton Irwin sir," Ashton smiled. "I'm Luke's boyfriend."

"Well you both make a beautiful couple." Garret said. "So Luke, I'm just going to go through a few things and ask a few questions to solidify the case."

"Okay." I said as I shifted around in the chair.

So I listened to all the questions, gave a honest answer with a shaky voice.

"Okay Luke, that's it. You'll be ready to testify on Saturday, yes?" Garret asked and I nodded. "Okay then I guess we're.. Wait."

"Wait?"

"Ashton," Garret turned to the curly-haired boy. "Could you testify?"

"Me?" Ashton asked.

"You saw Luke after each time he got beaten," Garret said. "You know this. You know how scared and how broken he was. You, know, him."

"I-I could..I suppose." Ashton said.

"Excellent." Garret smiled. "Okay, you boys may go."

I sat in shock, I didn't want Ashton testifying. What if we lost again? Sure I would probably get beaten to death, but I didn't want Ashton to have the same repercussions.

"C'mon Luke." Ashton said as we walked out. As we were walking towards the car Ashton was telling his mother about testifying. If I could, I would tell her my fear.

But I was truly alone on this one.

"Luke, honey," Ashton's mother said. "You're awfully quiet, are you alright?" I nodded. "Well, what do you want for dinner?"

"I don't care." I mumbled. Ashton's mother stopped in her tracks.

"You're lying." She sighed. "Ashton go sit in the car."

"What? Why?" Ashton asked.

"Ashton, please." His mother sighed and Ashton took the keys and got in the car. "What's the matter, Luke?"

"I don't know how I feel about Ashton testifying." I sighed and folded my arms.

"I see, I understand. You don't have to say more." She said.

"What? That's it? You know?" I asked.

"Luke, I'm a mother." She smiled. "I know everything."

"What's the square root of twenty-one?" I asked.

"Approximately 4.6." She smiled and patted my cheek.

"Would you, would you mind if I walked back? Just so I can have a little time to myself?" I asked.

"Go right. I'll see you when you get home." She smiled. Kissing my forehead and turning me and gently tapping me so I began to walk.

"Thanks!" I called behind me.

"Course!" She yelled back before getting in the car and driving off.

Now just time for me and my thoughts.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Double update cause no school. Perks of life. Lol just kidding I usually do double updates anyways xD

So yes. This chapter was more so a filler but it's kinda important stuff. Idk. So there's like five more chapters. Meaning this book will be done by like, the end of this week holy hell.

Anywhoozer boozer.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX