15 - What I Want

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. ~Marcel Proust

Luke's POV

I walked down the sidewalk as it grew later and later, I was trying to think of what I wanted to do. But I couldn't. For so long I always just went with what the boys were doing. Any time I tried to do something different..Well..I got made fun of, or I couldn't do it. So, I didn't know what I wanted.

While thinking through myself I didn't seem to notice the sound of a skateboard behind me as the person on it crashed straight into me, knocking us both on the ground.

"Oh my gosh!" The voice above me said. "I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention and-and I-I -"

"Relax." I laughed lightly as I stood up, finally seeing the person behind me was a girl. She looked somewhat familiar but there were lots of girls with black hair.

"Oh my gosh I hit Luke Hemmings!" She squeaked and I have a confused look. "Sorry just, that's like, the worse person I could hit."

"It's fine I promise." I smiled. "So, you know I'm Luke, but what's your name?"

"Kara." She smiled. "Nice to actually meet you."

"Yep, you too." I said as I shook the tiny hand extended to me.

"So, it's kinda late. Why are you out? And all alone?" She asked.

"I could ask you the same question." I said. Folding my arms.

"Well, I like to skateboard at night because I suck. But I want to become better at it. Less people see me fail at night." Kara gave a light laugh. "But that doesn't excuse you."

"I..I just needed a breather." I shrugged. "I need those

"Oh, so like when you leave the class for twenty minutes?" Kara asked. "I've seen it, when the teacher says 'Luke go for a walk.' I've seen it."

"You're in my classes?" I asked.

"Yeah a few." Kara shrugged. "You keep your head down, explains why you wouldn't know me. Almost like you don't want to make new friends."

"I-I don't."

"Well sucks cause you met me." Kara laughed. "C'mon princess I'll walk you home."

"Shouldn't I walk you home?" I asked.

"Luke..I live past your house, we would just go right by it." Kara sighed.

"How do you..?"

"Ashton and I are friends, he mentioned living near you." Kara smiled. "You didn't know that, did you?"

I shook my head. "I didn't."

"Figures." Kara sighed, rolling her eyes. "Anyways, let's ride off into the sunset like in the olden times!"

"You've certainly got character on you." I said as we began to walk towards my house.

"Is that an insult?" Kara said as she tried to get up on the skateboard, wiggling slightly.

"No, but do you want some help with that?" I asked.

"How would you help me with it?" Kara asked.

"Just, put your hands on my shoulders." I said, turning sideways. I placed my hands on Kara's waist and through the entire time we headed home I walked sideways to help Kara.