In The Darkest Hour(EXTRACT)(Rohit Sharma)

Extract of the story written by bleedblue2011 DO TRY OUT HER THIS BOOK GUYS..
______________________________________

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////______________________________________

After pretending to Yograj that his plan to separate the team was successful,Rohit entered his room and locked the door.
He lies down on his bed and looks towards the ceiling with blank eyes.
Finally, everything is fine, he thought.

"Is it? a voice from the back of his head asked him, which he jerked away from, but tears fell from the corner of his eyes at the mere memory of them ignoring him.

"After playing for almost 8 years with them, he still hasn't won their trust yet!" he thought again thought.He wanted to forgive them, and he did that.

He knows that, but the pain he has felt during those accusations and his loneliness are unable to bring them out of his heart.

The lure of power makes people do strange things, you know. Virat's voice was ringing in his head in a loop, and that was making him feel... hollow!
Suddenly, he heard the knock. He wiped his tears and made himself normal before opening the door, only to find the team standing there. "Virat's team, according to the situation some hours ago, jerked his head for thinking so much.

"Virat!! Come inside, please. What happened? Is everything alright? Virat was surprised by his query, as he never asked them the reason for their arrival, even though it was midnight. But he somewhere knows now that circumstances have changed, even after Rohit pretends to be normal. His Vee to Virat and Kuldeep from Kuliya was enough to tell his state of mind and heart. He knew the wound would take more time than needed to heal.

"So!! We wanted to tell you that we are going shopping right now, but you should be here so that no one suspects us, said Virat in a convincing voice, to which Rohit nodded.

As somehow he too wants some peaceful time with himself only and hence agreed immediately.
And soon after telling him their plan,they carefully came outside his room so that no one would notice them.

After they came out,Rohit once again locked the door and slid down against his door.He was feeling suffocated, and hence he gulped down the whole bottle of water.

He hid his face in his palms and started crying harshly.

"Why can't I forget those things? I know they weren't wrong. I know the situation made them do what they did with me. I know, but aren't they supposed to believe me? After so many years of friendship with them, with Virat,he has this thinking for me..so low..! What if Mahi Bhai hadn't hinted at him? He would have never come! Arghh, why am I thinking all this? Just why? this will hurt Virat. He cried harshly again when his phone rang.

He saw the caller ID and picked up the phone after making himself normal.

"Yes, Mahi Bhai!!, he greeted him.

"There is no need for pretense, Ro!! I know cheeks have screwed big this time, said Mahi Bhai in the big brother tone, making Rohit smile.

"There is nothing like that, Bhai, he said.

"Then why were you crying? he asked Rohit, making him shocked.

"There is no need to be shocked. Your voice is saying everything", Mahi Bhai said in a silent voice.

Rohit, after much silence, started, "It hurts, Bhai! I played with them for such a long time, but today I realized that our bond is still not strong enough, It can break down easily. Bhai!! You trusted me! Then why didn't they? he asked with a choking voice.