Chapter 25: The Get Down

Hey Guys Quick Announcement !! I've decided to get into youtube. I'll be adding content on there about my stories. Questions you guys may have about my books will be on there answered, raw and uncut. Follow my channel !! Content will be added pretty soon. I just need my tripod for my phone + a backdrop. Stay tuned guys !!

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2uQCE6Yafhdyuh46SJ0Nw?view_as=subscriber

Can you get me to 50 subscriptions and I'll update back to back?  Here's an update until then.

____

Jasper's POV

I sat down in the dungeons with about four guards at each door and two in front of the cell. When I said maximum security I meant it, we can't let this leech escape.

"You have viable information that I'm interested in hearing," I spoke, breaking the silence in the room.

My chair sat in front of the cell viewing the man from the opposite side of the bars. He scoffed and looked away in silence.

"You'll never breathe fresh air again." I sneered at him hitting the bars. "ANSWER ME!!!" I demanded, causing the whole room to shake.

He started chuckling and it only pissed me off more.

It was clear to me that he wouldn't do as we please or even tell us what the fuck was going on so I decided that we were going to torture him for a week straight and try to come up with some plans.

'Have him transported to the fire pit I'm not playing any fucking games with anyone' I mind linked my men and I decided to go back up into the packhouse. I walked down a long corridor, and then I had to turn a few times. It was literally a maze down here and with each turn two of my men secured the corners. We had high security in this pack that's for one.

I had to admit I wanted nothing but to see that son of a bitch dead after he put my mate in jeopardy. I wanted him to burn for what he did.

This whole time he spoke that protector bullshit to her, he was always working with Venice. This is punishable by death.

As I got on the elevator and went up to the packhouse I started making commands so that everyone would get in line. We needed to find my mate now.

"Is there any word of the dimension that they could have possibly traveled to?" I asked my sister with irritation clear in my tone.

"None so far but we are working on that Jasper, where the fuck is Sage?" She asked worriedly.

"He's supposed to be on his way back why don't you fucking mind link him and get out of my face Mona?" I snapped and walked away from her.

I have been stressed the fuck out ever since coming back from that gruesome scene and I needed to relax my mind before I kept exploding on people.

"That's the thing asshole! His mind link is silent and he's been gone for over 5 hours." She pushed me from behind and I held my ground, even though that should have caused a normal person to stumble.

Should I worry about Sage? The tough one?

Nah he's fucking fine.

_

Connor's POV

I felt a sense of hopelessness. My mate was still alive but my child was dead. They had to do an emergency removal because the baby suffered so many injuries it would have caused René her life.

I'm thankful that she made it out of there, she could have died but I wondered what the fuck happened in there.

René's heartbeat was slow-paced. I felt a squeeze on my hand and I looked over to her who stared into my eyes. She smiled weakly and I smiled back at her.

"Hey sweets," I said looking at her. 

"Babe, where's the baby? What's going on I have to get up--" She started speaking fast and trying to move too fast.

"Whoa whoa whoa slow down René, stop moving you'll hurt yourself even more. You aren't fully healed yet it hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet calm down." I placed her back into the bed.

"Where's the fucking baby Connor?" She snapped with tears in her eyes, I tried to keep my composure, but the way I looked at her told it all.

"No no no, he killed my baby? He did this on purpose." She hit the vase on the coffee table next to the bed and the glass shattered.

That needed to be cleaned up before someone got hurt.

"Who killed our baby?" I asked angrily.

"Fucking Venice, it's a long story. Kara, my best friend, cheated on him, he killed her and he has this vendetta against me. I went in there as a distraction-- it wasn't supposed to end like this I don't know why this would happen, I just..." She started to sob.

I thought to myself.

Why would she agree to be their distraction? I was beyond pissed but I didn't want to blame her for the death of our child, this wound was too fresh and It was unfair.

I held her close to me as she sobbed. My heart hurt but my mind was everywhere.

________

X

Where is Sage? Any thoughts?