Chapter 19: The Raid

AURORA 
•••

I wounded up in the woods close to where I was initially kidnapped. Memories passed through my head as I recalled that night.

"Why?" I broke the silence.

He looked at me puzzled.

"Don't fucking stare at me like that Zephryn, why did you work with him?!"

"I didn't know. I was serving him you know that."

"Bullshit." I spat.

"If it makes you feel better you are safe now. A war is happening in the kingdom." He stated.

"War? They came back to me. I have to go back!" I felt a bit of hope in my chest.

"Romantic right? But you can't go back there." He stated in a 'this topic is not up for further discussion' tone.

"Why not?" I snapped at him.

"Why the fuck should I trust you out of all people after what you did? Huh?" I got in his face. I was a ticking time bomb.

"Calm down. We need to see the witch who did this to you so she can undo it and I know where to find her.

He held my hand and dragged me into a lesbian club.

Why would a witch be here?

"Who is this witch? You know her?" I asked puzzled as to why we were here.

"Yep, her name is Jamie, a pretty dope witch if you ask me." He winked before leading the way.

Why did that name sound so familiar?

•••••••

Venice ~ Vampire King POV

She had the audacity to come into my office talking about Kara? My deceased beloved?

I stared at her blankly as my head flashed to the memory.

Ven? She called out. I had the dagger in my hand loathing her. The emptiness I felt in my body now was replaced with darkness.

She smelled of hot rough sex and we didn't have sex in days. "Fucking ungrateful bitch," I mumbled.

"Yes, my dear?" I faked happiness.

"I missed you." She cooed hugging me.

"How romantic." I cooed back.

We parted and our gazes met. Her body tensed at the dagger in my hand.

"You have ten seconds to explain why you smell like rough hot sex," I said lowly at her.

"I-I can explain." She mumbled.

"Scratch that you have three fucking seconds Kara." I hissed.

One second had passed and she stood there.

Two. "Uh oh, time is running." I taunted.

Her lips were sealed. She was always a stubborn woman.

I flung the knife across the room and it hit her right in the chest.

"I never loved you. It was always him." She whispered before the life drained out of her body.

~

I snapped out of my thoughts getting up.

"Uh oh. Did I hit a nerve?" René teased.

Little did she know this was only the beginning. She thought I was stupid. I could smell mutts from miles away.