Chapter 12: The dark side

**

My heart thudded against my rib-cage. I was losing blood and losing it fast but all I felt was tingles. I guess it was the adrenaline rushing through my pulse quicker than I thought because I should've been feeling pain.

I can't even begin to think about what's going to happen. I feel like such a fool for running away. I can't outrun two alphas and beta. I began to slow down but as the growls and shuffling of leaves on the floor got louder my feet began to move quicker and quicker.

My long red hair whooshed in the wind as I tried to complete my escape. My leg bled more and I was starting to feel dizzy like I would drop any second. Before my body hit the ground I was grabbed swiftly and carried, saving me from my painful thud I was thankful for this mystery person. My eyes started to shut and all I heard was pleads.

"Aurora don't close your eyes." The mystery person whispered before I slipped into complete darkness

**
My eyes blinked open to meet his, relief washed over me but it was then replaced by animosity. Why didn't he get me sooner?

I ran my nails through my long messy waves and sighed. "What the fuck Zephryn." I hissed at him. He stared at me with worry before sighing.

"I'm sorry I was too late Aurora."

"Sorry? Sorry? Do you think a fucking sorry is going to fix this?!" I looked at him with tears in my eyes. I didn't want to go back. My bottom lip began to quiver and he stared at me with a disconsolate look which made me break down in tears.

"They are looking for me," I whispered.

"I'll be damned if I let them take you again over my dead body." He whispered back, he kissed my forehead and pulled me into a tight embrace that I gladly relaxed in.

**

Sage's POV

"What do you mean you fucking lost her?" My eldest brother hissed at Jasper and I. "There were a blood train and a piece of cloth on the thorn. She couldn't have made it on her own." I growled out menacingly.

"We tried to get to her we don't know who could've taken her," Jasper yelled at him.

"That's bull shit that's your mate you should have fucking got her before someone else did." He hissed again which made me get pissed off.

"Shut it, boys!" A blonde strolled in the room. She was attractive but she had nothing on Aurora. "I'm here to tell you something, give you a little news flash hmp." She said cockily. Who the hell was this female strolling her ass in here? She smirked at me and as if reading my mind she spoke.

"The name's Kathy, rank 10 upper-class vampire and I'm here to tell you Prince Venice will declare war if you tamper with his princess again. He will attack your sorry little excuse for a kingdom pack." She hissed.

I growled at her stepping closer and closer to her but her smile only grew wider, which ticked me off more.

"Sage!" Jasper yelled at me but I blocked him out.

I was now chest to chest with this female and I growled in her face.

"Touch her and you die sweetheart." Another female strolled in the room.

"Oh and by the way? You need a stronger security system within the pack, this shit is sad." She laughed humorlessly.

"Let's go, Kathy." She smirked and they flashed out of the room.

"We need to get to the vampire kingdom," I said breaking the silence.

"You can't just prance in there like a fucking idiot." Ellis sneered at my comment.

"He's right Sage, we need an army. A bigger one."

"We already have an army to get her back alpha, Star-Moon Pack and Fireblood Pack." Devon came into the room and spoke.

"We'll be over there by sundown," Ellis said, satisfaction lacing his voice.

**

Aurora's POV

Zephryn said I had to meet the Prince in a few minutes and I was nervous. I remember when he told me about a Vampire Prince being my mate. Black lingerie was set out on the bed with a gun on the bed with a note scribbled along with some wine.

~ prepare for war my princess

I swirled my hair in a style and pinned it with a hairclip leaving the rest down. Even though I had to cut some of my hair it was still perfection. I put a black rose in my hair and stained my lips with red lipstick left on the bed.

I quickly slipped on the black heels left for me and sighed gulping down the wine.

"Aurora." I heard knocks on the door.

"Come in." I sighed leaning against the wall feeling a little strange but I pushed the feeling back.

"What do you want Zeph-" I looked up to not see Zephyrn but a tall handsome man standing in front of me.

"Aurora, I'm Venice, Vampire Prince, and your mate." He smiled at me, his dimples popping and his red lips looked good enough to bite.

"My Prince..." I whispered.

"You say this....this war. What is it?" I blurted.

"The Kingdom Pack Wolves are after what's mine. There will be a war for them kidnapping you." He stated coldly.

"I'm nobody's!" I yelled.

"Where is all of this bullshit coming from?!" I held my head.

"I'm so fucking confused Venice I can't have two mates plus you Venice," I whispered, the unshed tears started to blur my vision.

"Come on Princess don't cry." He brought me into a hug and I felt sparks and tingles erupt.

"Mine." He whispered sniffing my hair.

"They're coming and there will be war..." He whispered in my ear.

"I'll take care of you."

And for the first time, I felt at ease, somewhat because I heard the truth in his voice.

"Hold this. Use it for protection. It's loaded with silver bullets. We kill wolves with these." He said and I tensed up. I'm a wolf.

"Not all wolves, we have allies within packs.....This is war. We kill with no remorse."

I looked in his eyes as he captured his lips with mine, and I didn't even fight it. I kissed him back with an equal amount of passion.

**

There were a total of six-packs including the Kingdom Pack who came to get me. I didn't know which side to chose. I didn't know what to do I was so confused. I cocked my gun at Zachary and screamed like a madwoman.

"Get back!" I yelled but he only inched closer to me making me nervous that he would snatch me or something.

"I swear I'll fucking kill you get back !!!" I yelled crying.

"Aurora..." Jasper looked at me hurt filled his features before a vamp came and charged at him.

I was lowering my gun and started to feel a little weird again.

My head was spinning and for a split second something snapped in my brain and I came back out of dizziness and fired.

BOOM!

The loud sound echoed through the air and all movement stopped.

;

What do you think happened ?