Chapter 26: The Facade

Sage's POV

People never really knew what happened between my brother and I. Or what went on day to day I should say. We looked close-knit but in reality, it was a competition between us since the day we became men. Who could get the most girls, and who was most powerful. And the biggest question of all was, who can hold the leadership position. There can't be two alphas there has to be one and we were twins so that was a battle.

I always had to watch my front and my back with Jasper around. He only thought about himself when I made executive decisions to suit both of us. I had thoughts of taking his ass out before he took me out but I went against those thoughts.

"You're stupid if you think you can have her without a fucking fight." I snapped at him after he told me that he's taking the throne and Aurora. The memory had me fucking heated and I wanted to smash something.

Everyone thought he was some goofy carefree guy but we always got physical, his temper matched mine, and he was just as a monster as everyone thought I was, he just put on a batter mask. Obviously we couldn't share her like every other fucking person in this situation. We were different, different in a sense that everything that you all knew was fake, a facade.

Everyone was probably wondering where I was. They were probably told that I was out with a search party to bring back Aurora and figure things out but little did they know I was a million steps ahead of them. I knew what dimension Aurora landed in thanks to Jamie's dying words, and it was only a matter of time until I got to her and I didn't plan on bringing her back.

Fuck the throne she made my wolf go crazy and I needed some time to be with her. I needed to make her mine. I needed to go after my naughty Aurora.

She was a wild one but I had everything arranged. Her going to that dimension wasn't planned but I'll meet her there. It'll take some time but I'll meet her there.

I kept walking until I reached the 'long' bridge. The fall looked like a deep one, an endless drop into the raging waters at the bottom that would take your existence. I needed to talk to Vee fast, it was her people in the other dimension and I was certain she was there and probably already met Aurora

It was risky walking over the bridge but I'll have to do it to get back to her. The further away from the packhouse the lighter I felt.

It started to rain again and I decided I'll take cover in the cave a few miles before the bridge, and start traveling once it stops. This whole situation had me heated, but I knew one day this would have happened. I had a plan though, I always do, I'll start my own fucking empire.

x

Aurora's POV

* In the other dimension*

We were settled in here, had our own room and everything. For some reason, I felt like my life started over and this was the new start that I needed after all of the drama, and bullshit in my life. Kendra decided to stay because she couldn't find any way back, and everything thus far wasn't explained to us. She was stupid for thinking about leaving, we could've landed in the pits of hell.

She was one annoying bitch but she was my sister, and I did want to build a relationship with her even though this whole mix up almost got me killed. I brushed my hair and put it into a tight low ponytail. I heard knocks on the door then a voice say, "Hey, It's time for the meeting."

I got up and was guided into a huge room that was filled with people, beautiful girls, sexy guys. I scanned the room and saw a woman with jet black hair sitting on what looked like a throne, with another woman who sat next to her. Their hands locked and I looked between them wondering if they were a thing.

Chatter filled the room and I stood there awkwardly because no one was speaking to me, everyone had their own conversation going. Kendra was at the side of the room looking just as awkward as I looked but I was grateful to be here at the least.

"Silence everyone. Announcements will be made for the week and then you all will be dismissed." The black-haired woman said.

"For all of you guys who do not know we have new members of the Playhouse. Aurora and Kendra, would you guys come up?" There was clapping and cheers as I slowly made my way to the front and center of the room alongside Kendra.

I waved and smiled as Kendra stood stiffly next to me.

"These two will be apart of the family now, nice to meet you girls, I'm Vee and this is my wife Nilon. You'll meet everyone as time progresses, hopefully, you make friends and long life connections. You've made a commitment to stay here so I hope you fulfill them gracefully." She spoke and everyone listened to her attentively.

"We are all different kinds of wolves, some people here are human, some are witches, we welcome almost everyone." She continued speaking.

I nodded with understanding as she spoke.

"We are all ready to hear your story when you are ready to tell it but I order everyone not to ask or pry, this is sensitive information and we would like to respect these two ladies and be happy that they've landed in the right place," Nilon stated after her wife finished speaking.

"Everyone is dismissed for dinner," Vee stated and the room started to fill up with chatter as people started clearing out. I grabbed Kendra's hand and started to quickly move out of the room with everyone else.

"Oh-one more thing," Vee spoke and everyone in the room instantly froze.

"There is no such thing as mates here, forget that concept."

x

Happy Holidays guys I hope you liked the chapter.

Hit that star if you liked it. Comment your thoughts. And keep adding my stories to your library. Tell a friend to tell a friend to tell their friends. Follow + Add my story loves.

Thanks for all of your support.

x Kay