Chapter 15: Doppelgänger

Jasper's POV

My charming playful demeanor soon Disappeared when I witnessed my mate cold and emotionless. Hell, she attacked Zachary with a metal bullet gun with no hesitation. I felt her wolf slipping and slipping until I felt a sharp pain in my chest making me drop.

"Jasper." My friend came to my aid but I only growled as she stepped closer.

"You've been having these moments maybe it's time to have a walk or something? How about we go to buy some snacks or something?" She offered, attempting to pull me out of my depression. I didn't leave my office since that day. It hurts to just sit here and plan and not be able to get her back In a flash. I envied how Sage had more self-composure.

I wanted to pull it together so bad but I would get sad and angry so fast I'll snap at everyone.

I studied the floor for a while locked in my thoughts.

"I'm only sixteen you know, please don't take me."

I remembered her telling Sage and me that night. She looked like she was just screwed over and she smelled a little weird. A faint scent that clung onto her.

"Hello." Sadie clapped in my face a little pissed.

"Sure whatever," I growled getting up.

*

We pulled into the supermarket to get some food and snacks for the pack. Sadie was in charge of that kind of thing and she wanted me to come out with her to ease myself I guess.

I walked closely behind her into the supermarket. We got a big cart and started picking up things she thought the pack needed which was almost the whole supermarket.

"How about we split up maybe we can get things done faster, hm? Grab a cart will YA and start strollin'" she said smiling at me.

We split up and I pushed the empty cart around adding things to it. I bumped into a girl who looked scared. Her big green eyes and her long red locks hung in her face.

I smelled no scent on her though but she looked just like ......

Oh god.

"Aurora?" I called out giving it a try. Maybe just maybe she lost her scent after whatever those monsters did to her.

"I'm sorry I'll just get going." She said softly scurrying down the aisle but I had to stop her.

'Sadie there is a girl she looks like Aurora I don't know if it's her catch her aisle three.' I mind linked her.

'Sage get your ass down here we have a problem.' I hissed through the mind link.

*~

"I knocked her out she's cold," Sadie said looking at me. We already paid and loaded our food in the van and we threw the girl's body on the backseat comfortably. We were now driving back to the pack.

"You never knock a human out in public." Sage hissed at Sadie in the car.

"There's fucking cameras in there." He scolded me.

"Well someone from the pack works there we can arrange something sheesh lay off bro." She hissed back equally upset.

She has been our childhood best friend and alpha or not she doesn't take our shit.

She was like the sister we never had.

"Shit. Would you two shut the fuck up?!" I exploded after minutes of their non-stop bickering.

The van got silent and the human started to stir making us all tense. She was coming to her senses and now we had another headache to deal with.

**

Connor's POV

I was going to come clean to my pack and René said I should also and she's willing to help find Auri.

"Today I would like to announce that I've found my mate," I started and the pack started to roar in happiness. "I'm not finished, she's a vampire and she's willing to help find Aurora. She's a rogue vampire who helps wolves from evil. She's experienced the vampire kingdom and it wasn't pretty. Before they torture one of our own to her death we should trust René to plan with the Kingdom pack. We should plan so we can attack together." I said and everyone roared in agreement and the alpha nodded.

"We will communicate with the Kingdom pack and start our master plan. We leave out to their territory in a week for preparation, any questions?" The alpha said the crowd.

;

Jasper's POV

I sat in the room with the human tied up to the chair while Sage was on the phone with the alpha from Aurora's pack. He wanted to join forces and he explained how they had a lead. They had a vampire on their side and she's rogue. We were both skeptical but I told Sage we should trust them and we confirmed that they'll meet on our territory.

Sadie strolled in the room staring at the human who looked at us all in shock.

She slowly walked up to the girl.

"Scream and we'll knock you out again, try to run and we'll catch you every time you will speak nothing but the truth or else..." Sadie hissed in her ear before ripping the tape off of her mouth. She whimpered.

"What's your name?" Sadie drilled.

"Kendra." She whispered.

"Birthdate?"

"December." She mumbled

"Date?" I asked this time.

"I don't know please let me go I'll give you all of the money you want." She pleaded but we couldn't let her go she'll learn to like it here for the time being. We had to figure this shit out fast.