Graduation gifts

RPOV
It was graduation day and I'd done it! I'd made it through my final year at the academy, eventually excelled in field experience, had survived the most insane trial, had lived, loved and lost.
I still had Dimitri by my side, it had been almost five months since the cabin and we'd gone back regularly- re-solidifying our personal relationship. For almost five months I had been his girlfriend and he made sure I knew it. Every training since the attack started with a kiss and an "I love you" in Russian- yeah, he'd finally grown a pair and taught me that much- it always ended with a kiss neither were willing to break.

We were at my party and he came up from behind and surprised the hell out of me when he swallowed me in a hug, kissing my cheek and whispering "I love you, my Roza" huskily in my ear. I shivered at the tone, touch and words, then giggled at the blatant blowing of our cover.
"What happened?" I turned my head up to face him. He was beaming and my breath hitched.
"Oh, shut up!" He teased before leaning in and kissing me. I unfroze and responded, returning all the love and passion, and then some. My hands entangled in his hair and I arched my back and deepened the kiss, throwing my body into it too. His arms acted instinctively and pulled me closer, his hands rested on my butt and I couldn't care less who saw. No one else existed but us in this moment. I was his- all his, I had been made for him. He eventually pulled back but only so we could breathe and so he could trail kisses up and down the side of my neck. I giggled and sighed. God! Did the man have any clue what he did to me! "I love you, my Roza" he repeated in Russian, his lips against my neck and I moaned.
"I love you too Dimitri" I responded in Russian. He brought our lips back together and the dance for dominance restarted.
It wasn't until Lissa yelled "get a bleeding room! I don't need to see my guardians getting it on!" In my head that I pulled back. Her shock and discomfort had coursed through me strong enough to be pulled into her head.
Dimitri took one look at me and knew that I'd pulled back because I'd been 'taken' by the bond. He kissed my forehead and pulled me back to my own head. "I love you Rose. Always, always and forever." He said softly in English as I snuggled into his chest.
"I love you too comrade." I sighed as one of his hands ran through my hair. I never wanted to leave, it was nice and peaceful, it had occurred in public but was still perfectly private. I was happy. Until my mother decided to speak- breaking the stunned and shocked silence.
"Ro-" she didn't get any further before Dimitri was standing protectively in front of me.
"Don't! Just drop it Janine. Deal with me when Rose isn't around." He growled at her. Atta boy! He now understood why I acted the way I did around her. "Don't ruin her graduation."
"But-"
"Mother!" I snapped. "Either leave the room or leave the topic alone!"
She did the former, slamming the door behind her.
I sighed and leaned back into Dimitri. "Well, that went well."
"Shhh. Relax Roza. She'll come around. I'll make sure she does."
"You better be ready for a fight."
"Mmm. It's the other way around, after all she's done to you, her complete lack of parenting, she's got no right to try and step up now- when you've been an adult for months."
"She lost that right to be my parent fourteen years ago." We'd had this discussion multiple times.
"Exactly." He sighed. "You know, I really do think you're a Belikov sometimes."
I chuckled. "That's all your doing!"
"Hmmm. Nope. You shared most of the Belikov ideals before you met me."
"Oh?!"
"Hmm. Yep. You'd fit in perfectly."
"So?" I asked cautiously. "What are you getting at?"
"We leave for Russia in a month. And we'll be there for two months."
"What?!" I spun in his arms. "How'd you manage that?"
"Hmmm. Ask Lissa. She helped."
'Yup! I did! I've known for about a week, just didn't know it was That strong, That deep.'