Rose and Dimitri; Romeo and Juliet?

DPOV
We were in the middle of the fight in the foyer of the elementary Moroi dorms and everything was as good as could be. Until...
"Rose!" My scream was bloodcurdling and strangled. My heart was shattering into a million pieces. She was on the other side of the room and I couldn't get through to protect her, I couldn't protect and defend the one woman I'd promised to. I'd broken my promise within hours of making it.

Surely, surely she wasn't dead. She couldn't have died right in front of me. She just couldn't. Not after what we'd just done in the cabin. It just didn't seem possible that the love of my life had died under my watch. My heart had taken a beating with each ghost incident, then it had taken a hammering with the darkness fight hours earlier. But that was nothing, nothing, nothing like what it was going through now. My heart was being ripped from my chest. If Rose was dead, then surely, surely, I was too.
I couldn't live without her, I'd only just taken her, accepted and embraced her, as mine, that she was my top priority. How! How could I have lost her! If she was dead then so was I, I refuse to live in a world without her- there was no point going on.

I fought on autopilot, protecting Rose's body. Just thinking of the distinction made my blood boil. I now understood what she'd felt after watching Mason die. I couldn't let them touch her, I couldn't let them hurt her.
When no more Strigoi came I looked at the floor and collapsed. My love, my beauty, my heart, my other half, and my soul mate was dead. I pulled her lifeless body into my arms and stroked her hair, tears running down my face as the harsh truth set in.

By now I was shaking, screaming and crying. I'd had half of my soul ripped from me and I'd be damned if I let anyone touch her. She was mine, she was mine and it was all my fault she was dead. I had to let out another scream at that thought, then cry as image-after-image, both good and bad memories, played through my mind. The ones of me hurting her and pushing her away hurt the most- they added insult to injury and there were quite a few negative memories that were potent enough to make me scream and shake. She was mine and she was gone.

The world didn't exist anymore, it never had with her around, but this was different. When she was with me she was my world but this, right now, was being trapped, trapped in darkness and there was no way I'd be pulling out of this. I had no reason to live without her.

Alberta's POV
"Petrov, we have an issue." Alto was in my office after the attack.
"What is it Alto?"
"It's Belikov-"
"No!" I screamed. "He's lost it hasn't he? Rose didn't survive and he's lost it." They took 'over my dead body' to a whole new level. "He's as locked as she was after Mason died, isn't he?"
His next word confirmed my worst nightmare, "yes."
"Leave him. You risk being attacked if you get too close- and he won't hesitate to take you down. He'll only see you as threats to her."
"Why? What's going on Petrov?"
I held back tears and sighed. "He just lost Her, as in 'Her' with a capital 'H'. He's lost his soul mate, his whole reason for being."
"You can't poss-"
"Alto!" I snapped at the asshole in front of me. "You're blind if you couldn't see them. I don't doubt he's a suicide risk right now."
"Oh come on. It's Bel-"
"He won't want to live without her. Don't you get it! It's like having someone rip your heart out, it's like having your soul ripped from your body." I'd been through it, lost my other half in battle. I didn't know what to do first- tell Janine or try and get Belikov settled.
Emil made up my mind for me when he walked through the door saying "we've lost him- Belikov."
"How?"
"He, couldn't take a reality without Rose."
"I told you Alto." I glared at the asshole before turning back to Emil. "Did anyone try and pry them apart?"
"Yes. Yuri tried."
"And?"
"Belikov, well, turned the dramatics up. 'Over my dead body!' Is what he screamed."
"Oh, no. He didn't."
"He made Yuri stake him."
"Oh god. This doesn't get out right. It'll be hard enough on everyone as is, they don't need a 'Romeo and Juliet' tragedy to turn into gossip."
"Understood."
"Now go. I have calls to make."

"Janine?" I asked after Rose's Mom picked up.
"Petrov."
"Janine. It's Rose, Rose is gone."
"Then find her!"
"She's not coming back Janine. The school was attacked and she died in battle."
"Why was she in battle? How'd the school get attacked?"
"Hathaway! Stop being a Guardian and start being a mother! You. Just. Lost. Your. Daughter!"

JPOV
"No. No way." I begged. I can't have lost my daughter before I knew her. She can't have died at seventeen.
"Yes."
"I, I'll be there as soon as possible."

LPOV
"Where is she? Rose? Where is my best friend?" I asked Guardian Petrov.
"Princess. She's not coming back."
"She's. Dead?" Surely I'd feel it. Surely I'd know.
"Yes."
"What about Guardian Belikov? Did he survive? I haven't seen him." I tried staying composed, but it was beyond difficult.
"I'm sorry Princess. He's gone too." I got the feeling she was hiding something and a check of her aura told me she was. I'd lost my best-friend-and-guardian and my guardian(her mentor) and something was fishy. I was so overwrought I didn't realise I'd amped the compulsion up as I asked, "what are you hiding, about Rose, and Guardian Belikov?"
"She died in battle. He refused to release her body. He loved her, and took 'over my dead body' to the next level. She loved him too."