Attack fallout 2

Lissa'sPOV
I'd hardly seen Rose over the past fortnight, since the attack.

My best friend had saved Guardian Belikov's- her mentor's- behind apparently. But neither had come out unscathed. I'd reflexively healed her. But she wasn't happy about it, and was controlling how much I healed him.

I could sense she was warring between the gradual healing's and begging me to get it all done with at once. It wasn't as though he was on life support or anything, but he was still stuck in the clinic until he merely had scratches, and shallow cuts, left.

What struck me as odd, was the way she was by his side. I'd never questioned him sticking by her bedside when she was in the clinic, but the other way around was weird. I knew she cared about him- and deeply- but I didn't think it was so deep she couldn't leave his until he was discharged. Odder still, was the way Guardian Petrov had okayed it and ordered Dr Olendzki to let her stay. 'If only so she can monitor the Princess', were her exact words. What did I have to do with Rose staying by her mentor's bedside? 'Staying' was putting it lightly, extremely lightly.

She hid in that room, clung to his bedside and slept in that chair- the one closest to his head. She was his errand-girl, personal nurse and the closest thing to a friend. Basically... if he needed help to eat, she'd feed him; if he wanted food from the cafeteria or his book, she went and got it; if he wanted someone to talk to, she was there. My best friend was, essentially, behaving like her mentor's girlfriend or wife.

"I owe you, Rose." I overheard Guardian Belikov softly say just before I was about to enter to heal him one last time.
"No. You don't. Not af-" her soft tone abruptly turned snarky and demanding, mid-word. "Lissa Dragomir get your eavesdropping arse in here!" Uh oh.

I'd forgotten about the bond in my curiosity. My eavesdropping stemmed from my inability to figure out what was happening regarding Rose's behaviour.

"Sorry Rose," I apologised after stepping in the door. "Guardian Belikov, that's directed at you too."
"It's fine, Princess." he returned then looked at Rose. "Rose?" the mentor asked his student with worry lacing her name. Worry, and something close to thing to panic. I'd seen that same combination when Rose and co had escaped the ski-lodge, then on the plane coming back from Martinsville.
"Sorry, Comrade. I spaced for a minute." She look at him meaningfully and he nodded before she turned her attention to me. "All good, Liss. Thanks for working around my pain-in-the-butt restrictions."
"Yes, thank you, Princess."
"You're my guardian, it's the least I can do to repay you."

I approached my guardian and placed my hand over his ankle. Pulling on the power, I sent the magic through him and healed every injury, cut and scrape- known and unknown.

I was so distracted, I hadn't noticed Rose had run to the bathroom, and was doubled over the toilet. Until Guardian Belikov bolted out of bed to join her side... holding her hair out of the way and rubbing circles into her back.
"Rose? What's going on?" he asked once she could breathe. Panic and concern were evident in his voice.
"Liss, how long has it been? I've hardly slept or kept count. Switching schedules multiple times hasn't helped."
"You're up to day eighteen. Why?" I responded.
"You screwed with my reproductive system when you healed me from the crash," my friend commented when she remembered how to speak.
"What are you saying, Rose?" I asked.
"I'm pregnant," she looked at her mentor then me, "Liss." My friend looked back to her now very clearly concerned mentor. "It's the only explanation."
"But the only person you're close to is Adrian. But you always seem to refuse him," I noted. "And you wouldn't hide losing That, from me. You can't be pregnant if you haven't had sex."
"No, Liss. I have. I have lost that, to one very special dhampir." How was she talking about this in front of her mentor?
"Eddie? I thought he was only your brother?" I responded, completely confused and considerably concerned.
"Good god, no!"
"Then who, Rose?" I asked.
"Really, Rose? You're hiding that from your best friend?" her mentor asked in slight amusement.
"She's had other issues to deal with. My love life kinda isn't that important when 'they come first.'" Rose answered.
"You never cease to amaze me, Rose. Never cease to amaze and surprise." he responded, almost wistfully. As it was, awe and admiration came through clearly.
"Why, Comrade, I think that's the most praise you've ever given." Rose responded to him, then directed "tune into the aura vision, Liss." at me.

She almost never encouraged using the magic, so I followed her request and allowed myself to see their auras. "Holy-"
"Lissa!" Rose cut me off. "No one can know. Yet."
'You're now eighteen, though. So, why not?' I sent mentally.
"It's only been four days. And you haven't yet connected all the dots."
'Baby Belikov? This impossible baby is a Belikov?'
"Yes."