The Day After without the attack

RPOV
Ugh! Back to field experience. I was still on half time, so I met Christian in the breakfast line. I had an extremely hard time not going all mushy and dreamy. Why, do you ask, was the badass Rose Hathaway struggling to keep her 'guardian mask' in place? Because I finally slept with my soulmate last night.

By 'slept' I mean 'had sex', and it had been amazing... Dimitri, Dimitri, Dimitri... So loving, so tender, so gentle and passionate. I loved him with all my heart and he'd finally completely lost control with me. I must admit, I hated the events before it- Jesse's stupid Mâna, the darkness battle and subsequent freak-out after almost going insane. But, it had strengthened our connection that much more. He'd finally let me in, finally showed me what I meant to him. That being said... I was sure I was in for a lecture and guilt speech sometime.

You see, Dimitri and I, we aren't supposed to be together- to any extent- yet we'd made love last night. In a cabin, in the middle of the forest, on the edge of an Academy campus, in backwoods and nowhere Montana. Why weren't we meant to be together? Multiple reasons. The most important one (one we'd figured a way around) was, when I graduated, I was supposed to become his guarding partner to protect my best friend. We couldn't do that if we were checking the other out and would instinctively protect one-another instead of our charge.
The next reason was because he was a teacher, my teacher, my mentor. Yes, feel free to gasp because I, the Rose Hathaway, have crossed the line of sleeping with my teacher. Shocker, right? Now, I do have a 'reputation' for being 'easy' and a 'bloodwhore'. But let me set this right, that is all false. Again, shocker. I'm far from my so-called reputation. And Guardian Dimitri Belikov knows it. He's the one I gave my virginity to, all because that man is my other half. I love him to absolute bits.
The third reason was because of the age gap. I'm sure you're all thinking, 'okay, so he's probably about nineteen or twenty'. Bo-bow. Wrong. He's seven years older than me. He's twenty-four and I'm seventeen. Yeah. We had a massive age gap. Not that we gave a damn most of the time nowadays. We had a synchronicity, a mutual understanding of the seriousness of our jobs, a matching way of protecting (sorta, the actions were different but motivation and thought process were a mirror of the other's). We also mutually understood the connections between life-and-death, good-and-evil and how they interplayed. So, we were star-crossed and had been screwed-up at the beginning- we still were to an extent, until we could be free. That freedom would eventually come a month after grad- in six months.

Dimitri came and found me in my room that night, after curfew (of course). Here goes, it's time for his guilt speech. "Dimitri?" I warily asked as I stepped into the hall with him. Hurt flashed across his face in response to my tone and stepping into the hall.
"Rose," his accent was a little thicker, and that conveyed how hurt he was by my wary tone. "Follow me." It was an instruction, but not in 'teacher tone'. He'd just spoken to me as a true equal, but not adding 'please' was for cover's sake.
"Of course," I responded and followed him...

Up to the fourth floor lounge. "Comrade? Why here? What's going on?" I asked in puzzlement as he locked the door after us.
"Rose," he softly addressed as he strode towards me. My heart raced and he smirked. "Settle, Roza," he commented as he took my small hands in his big, strong, muscular and calloused hands. Those hands could snap a mans neck or they could send my senses into overdrive.
"That didn't help!" I playfully chastised in a whisper as he led us to the couch. "Nor does this!" I added through raspy breaths when he sat me on his lap. I was straddling him, our faces inches apart.
"Payback and karma are bitches," he breathed in response before meeting my lips with his. Oh, boy! This felt right. This felt so right, making out in this lounge with Dimitri under me instead of that idiot called 'Jesse Zeklos'.
"I love you," I breathed when we paused to regained some breath.
"I love you." With that, my top came off and Dimitri's lips took possession of my bare skin. "I love you. I love you. I love you." he murmured in a prayer, just as he had done when I learned his affectionate nickname for me. Roza.
"I love you," I softly moaned and threw my head back when his lips teased a sensitive spot, "you absolute tease."
"Hold your tongue, missy!" he laughed in a whisper and met my eyes. "This is payback, my love, for the last time we were in here." His lips returned to exploring my chest and torso while his hands explored everything below my waistline.
"Payback? Don't think so. I think this is a make-up and apology make-out."
"Possibly, but it's also payback for ruining my innocent image of you."
"You? And an innocent image of me, with all the rumours? Yeah, sure!" I finished 'sure' with a nearly-inaudible gasp of pleasure when Dimitri ripped my bra off and nipped on one of my nipples.
"It's only been me, hasn't it?" he asked knowingly. "I'm the only one you've truly and completely let in."
"Shit, yes!" I wanted to scream in pleasure as Dimitri's hands went exploring the inside of my jeans. So far, I'd barely managed to get his damned duster off.
"I didn't mean it Roza, when I implied I saw you as a slut. I'm sorry. I love you and know otherwise."
"I needed that ice-bucket you lovea- ah!" I suppressed the scream of pleasure as Dimitri's finger entered me. "You are being an absolute tease!" I faintly moaned as he stroked and played. "Only you, you're the only one I'd ever let do this to me. You really have no true grip on my feelings for you, do you?"
"I know I'm privileged to have you and your immeasurable love in my life." He was still teasing and playing and I was about to go hurtling.
"I love you, and need you in me. Now!" I screamed in a whisper.
"Patience is a virtue, Roza!" he whispered seductively in my ear.
"And you hold mine." I retorted in a purr as I stripped him of his shirt.
"That did it!" he growled his lustful one... our remaining clothes came off and he slid into me.