Treasured moment

DPOV
"But Mommy!" I overheard a little girl whinge as I opened the door to the gym at Court.
"You're still too little Nika." Rose responded, then froze when she realised I was in the room.
"Oh, settle Mommy. Nika? How are you that big already?" I grinned at my little girl.
"Daddy!" my now-four year old squealed as she barrelled into me.
"Hi baby." I picked her up and smothered her in kisses. "You've grown too much." I pouted at her and she giggled.
"You gone too long, Daddy!" she turned her mother's attitude on me.
"Yeah, a year is too long." I looked to Roza, who had tears in her eyes.
"Yeah, it is Dimitri. But we knew we were up for these challenges. I'm glad you're home safely. Not that you're getting to stay long."
"Huh?" I was lost.
"Have you unpacked?"
"Yes. Why?"
"Our munchkin, miracle mini-me is going to meet the Belikova's. And we're following her."
"But I don't have leave?"
My soulmate, fiancé and miracle mini-me's mother wore her knowing and scheming look.
"Oh no, you've had this planned for a while." I commented when I clicked. "You've planned my leave and had Croft hide it from me." I could have asked it as a question but I knew her too well.
"Mmm. Yes. I have. Now. Let's go home and pack." A smirk crossed my Roza's face while an excited grin crossed my daughter's.
"Am I allowed to know when we leave?" I responded while wrapping one arm around my other half's waist and we walked out the door as a family.

These moments were rare, so rare, and I treasured every single one of them.