Attack fallout

DPOV
I looked up from my novel when I smelt my Roza enter the gym. "Hi Roza." I smiled at my student-turned-girlfriend as she came to sit in front of me.
"Hi Comr-" I cut her off with a kiss.
"You are clueless what that nickname does to me, woman." I breathed against her lips. "I love you."
"I love you." she returned, our lips still touching. We restarted the kiss and I pulled her onto my lap.

Things heated up quickly. Soon I had laid her back on the store room floor and was hovering over her. This wasn't the first time we'd been in this position... Far from it. But it was the first time since the cabin three weeks ago, had it not come about from a spar. Each of those times now held a new intensity. That being said, the most it eventuated in was a risky peck on the lips- that lasted longer than it should have if I gave a damn about keeping us in any sort of a professional relationship. And honestly, I didn't see why I should after making love with her. I knew it was dangerous but she'd been eighteen for a week now and we were the only ones who used the gym. The rest of the school was still trying to figure out how to restart after the attack and rescue. Practically all guardians were doing double shifts to cope and handle the demand. Meanwhile, Roza and I had taken to spending all day in the gym. It was our way of coping, especially with how close we'd come to losing each other.

I hitched my woman's leg over my waist and she gasped, clearly surprised I'd risk this in plain sight. Well... It wasn't quite in plain sight, "the sign's on the door, if you didn't notice." I huskily breathed in her ear.
"I hadn't noticed." she giggled through ragged breaths.

Since the attack, Petrov had given us a sign which told others: 'Keep Out... Belikov and Rose in training. Enter at own risk.' No one came near us after her performance in the attack and rescue. Why? Because she was too deadly and full of attitude.

"I love you, Roza. So much it hurts." "I love you, Dimitri. You have no clue how much."

That did it. Layers peeled themselves off and we embraced just how much we loved each other. How could we not, after all we'd been through?