The Unplanned Baby Belikov-Jenna Tessa Belikova Protection Plan

A.N.: previously called The Unplanned Plan BGB-JTB Protection. I realised the previous title was a bit too abstract to be comfortable, thus I renamed it something much more appropriate: The Unplanned Baby Belikov–Jenna Tessa Belikova Protection Plan.

DPOV
"Slow down, Jenna!" I heard Karo call from inside my family home.
"Aunt Karo," a tiny voice whined as I knocked on the door. I wished Rose was here with me right now, but that wasn't possible. She was a guardian back at Court and I had brutally severed ties with her to help protect her from me.
"Oh, Dimka!" Mama cried in joy as she threw her arms around me. "Oh, Dimka! Roza did it, she really did it! You're back." My mother was clutching onto me for dear life.
"Roza, Mama?" I asked in confusion.
"That splendid daughter-in-law of mine," she slapped my shoulder as though it should be obvious.
"Oh."
A smile soon replaced her momentary frown. "Come in, come in! There's three little girls all dying to meet you. And of course Paul would like to meet you all over again."
"Three? Last I heard there was only two? Did Vika have a girl?" Now I really was confused. Last pregnancy I knew about was Sonya's while I was Strigoi.
Mama's smile held. "No. But no matter. Go, dump your stuff in your old room and I'll gather the kids to meet you."

When I entered my old room its smell caught me by surprise. It smelled of Rose... it very much smelled of Rose. And baby... well, young child, really.

"Mama," I called as I walked down the stairs to enter the living room. "Why does my room have some of Rose's stuff in it?" I'd so far spotted a hairbrush, few changes of clothes, and small collection of other necessities.
All three sisters of mine, my mother and my grandmother all looked guilty of some secret. Even the kids seemed guilty—the youngest two could nearly be twins, but they were a small handful of months different in age. Still, both were about four.
"Rose left something very valuable of hers in our protection. She is put up in your room when she visits so she has a small collection of items here permanently," Yeva explained.
I nodded as if I should know what that meant. What could be so important to Rose that she would seek its protection with my family?

I soon found out that the 'twins' were Sonya's Nadia, and Jenna, but Jenna didn't belong to any of my sisters. Zoya was a cute 6 year old. Paul was a determined-to-be-better-than-me 14 year old. And as I said, Jenna and Nadia looked like 4 or 5 year old twins, yet they weren't.

"Vika, are you sure Jenna isn't yours?" I asked quietly before dinner later that night.
"Positive. I would remember being pregnant when Roza first visited."
I looked at her questioningly and curiously. "Why do you all call her Roza? Why do the kids call her Aunt Roza? Why Doesn't Jenna call her anything? Why doesn't Jenna speak of her?" At least around me.
Vika sighed. "In a way, Jenna is mine... in the way she's also Sonya and Karolina's. And Roza is Aunt Roza because she's around so often, always bringing updates on how you've been. You may be avoiding her like the plague, Dimka, but to us she's still your better half, still your soulmate, still—essentially—your wife."
"Is that really what you made of my student?"
Viktoria glared at me. "She travelled around the world for you many times over. No student does that. The mere fact she knew where we were, then broke her own heart breaking ours to tell us of your downfall, said enough. She's been back time and again to keep us updated and to check on her precious gem we're protecting. She's given you everything, Dimitri, whether you realise it and accept it or not."

I spent the next three days settling back in and getting to know the kids. That's when I heard it.
"Mommy!" Jenna cried in excitement and bounded out of the living room.
"Hey Jen," she laughed. "How's my precious girl?"
"Good Mommy. Miss you," Jenna said with a pout in her voice. "Lub you, Mommy."
"Mommy loves you too, baby girl. Anything new happen while Mommy was with Aunty Lissa and Uncle Christian and Uncle Adrian?" Rose enquired as she sat on the sofa at right angles to the one I was sitting on. She placed Jenna on her knee and held her close, protective and loving.
"Dimka here." Rose's eyes did a scan and found mine. Her expression said it all. I was a threat, a danger... a danger to her daughter.  She sent Jenna to play and pulled me out to the back yard.
"You can't do this, you can't be here," Rose growled and went to punch my jaw.
"It's my family and my home," I rebutted and blocked her punch. "You're the one who has them protecting your daughter."
"You weren't supposed to come here," she growled. "Last I knew you still weren't allowed to leave the States—and don't start with the Lissa bull." Rose sighed as she looked to where Jenna was playing and sighed. "You can't do this to her, Dimitri. You can't start going and saying she's sweet and that you love her one moment, then cut her out of your life the next. And don't start with the hypocrite comments. I'm doing my best, which is more than I can say for my Mom."
I sighed. Jenna was sweet and I did love her. "I don't know how, but she's a part of my family, Rose. So why on earth would I cut her out of my life?"
"You cut them out for nearly five years. You're still barely being cordial to me. How can I trust you won't do it again? How can I trust you won't do it to her?" Rose was forcing herself to maintain her composure, but I could still hear the pleading note in her voice.
I shook my head and walked inside to play with Jenna.