Returned

RPOV
I was just leaving the med clinic after giving birth to my badass Belikov baby boy four days ago, when I saw my baby's unsuspecting father.

"Perfect." I muttered as I walked towards him, with the intention of walking straight past. "Perfect timing."
"Roza?" he asked while gripping my elbow and pulling me to him.
"Hi. If you can't see, I'm sorta busy." I pulled out of his grip. "I do have a baby to get home." I sighed. I was a mother but was acting completely childishly towards my baby's daddy. I still wasn't sure what I wanted said baby called. "I'm sorry, Dimitri. I'm being a child. Come on," I gestured my head towards the guardian dorms. "I could do with some help, for once." I gently brushed my first two fingers across my little miracle's forehead before kissing it. "I love you, baby boy." I looked up to Dimitri. "Coming, Comrade?" I asked as I led him back to my dorm.
"Let me take at least one of your bags?" he offered.
"They're not heavy."
"But annoying."
"Dimitri, you've done it again. Fine. Take him for a minute, first." I carefully handed him his son. The loving look on his face had me reversing my acceptance of his offer. "You know what?"
"What?" he looked at me curiously.
"Keep him. He hasn't been in anyone's arms other than the doc or mine."
"But he's not my child." Oh, if only you knew.
"Oh? Please enlighten me who you'd think I'd 'run to'."
"Ivashkov?"
"Yuk. Does he even look anything like Adrian? Does he even look like me?" I asked as I opened the guardian dorm's foyer door.
"He's little, brand new, how can you tell?" he responded as he brought our baby boy inside.
"Hmmm. Because he looks like how I'd imagine his father to look at the same point. He certainly doesn't have my eyes or hair." I commented as we started walking through the foyer.

I noticed Emil and Yuri looking at us indulgently. "Oh, get over here Uncle Emil and Uncle Yuri!" I softly laughed so as not to wake my little boy. "Come meet my son."
"Really Rose?" Emil asked.
"Yeah. Dimitri, hand him over."
"You still haven't named him, Rose?" Yuri asked. Dimitri and Emil seconded the question while my baby changed hands.
"No. I haven't decided." All three looked at me in surprise. "What?" I asked defensively. "I'm still not sure what he looks like. And I'd like his father to have a say."
"Who, Rose?" Dimitri asked curiously.
He wasn't being judgmental, thank god. It caused Emil and Yuri to lose it and break into a quiet laughing fit.
"You're blind, Belikov, bloody blind." Emil laughed.
"Roza? Are you that special? Is he mine?" he asked in astonishment.
"Ours, Dimitri. He's ours." I corrected. "Emil, pass him on to Yuri."
Dimitri shot me a look that said 'we're talking about this'. I sighed and shook my head. He was not pulling rank on me; we shared a child for heavens sake. "Roza." he groaned.
"Come on, then. Let's get this miracle home. Finally." I sighed and went to collect my baby... But Dimitri beat me to it.

I couldn't argue with him. Not when he clearly wanted to make up the bonding time he should have had over the duration of the pregnancy. I wasn't going to push him away when I needed him most, when our son needed his father.

Dimitri had been called out to an Academy back in Russia because of a rescue mission. Which had then been given to him as his reassignment, the one he'd asked for after I'd saved his ass in our own rescue mission.

"Why are you back?" I asked after locking the door.
"You. Why else?" he responded with amusement clear in his velvet voice.
"Did you have any clue about?" I nodded to our baby boy.
"No. I had no clue you were expecting. Or, well... Would be popped by the time I arrived. You did a good job keeping that out of the spotlight." He smiled a warm smile and continued, "but I'm not terribly surprised considering your history when it comes to evasion and hiding."
"I thought you hated that I did that?" I noted as I pulled my family onto my bed.
"I admired the courage and thought process behind it as well as that you managed to hide from me for that long." I was pecked on the cheek before our son was.
"I'm assuming you want to know why I didn't tell you?" I asked before he could bring it up.
"I am curious about that."
"Other than the fact I really didn't have a safe and or direct way to contact you, I wasn't sure you'd believe." That made him flinch. "Harsh, but true. If you remember, it took the attack and rescue for you to believe the ghosts."
"I left you all alone in this. Making it at least the second time. The third if you include Spokane lead-up. The fourth when you include Victor's mind games and everything else at the time."
"It was the only option, Dimitri. You had to stay in Russia. I had to graduate, and some semblance of a cover had to be kept. Alberta, Emil, Yuri and Celeste already knew about us, to a certain degree. All the other staff found out thanks to a prenatal DNA test I had no clue they were going to run. By that time I was well over eighteen and negotiated an agreement that translated into you not being arrested."
"And me not knowing was part of it?"
"Yes. I'm sorry."
"I'm guessing it was missing the nine months of pregnancy and not knowing, or knowing and being in jail for a number of years?"
"Yeah. Basically." Our son's eyes fluttered open and he started crying. "Come to Mommy, baby boy- feed time." I cooed and Dimitri handed him over.
"It's beautiful." Dimitri commented once I'd adjusted my bra and top, and our son had latched.
"Only you are ever going to get this sight, Comrade."
"Mmm. I'm honoured and humbled, Roza."
"Dimitri, we really do need to name him."
"Yes, we do. What were your ideas?"
"I want him to have a Russian name."
"With 'Hathaway'?" He raised his brow in question.
"God no. 'Hathaway' isn't going near our son." Dimitri's eyes (and face) brightened as he warmly smiled in joy and humility.
"Really? Our son- that's still surreal-is going to only carry 'Belikov'?"
"Says the one who got me pregnant!" I teased. "And yes, our son is only going to carry the Belikov surname."
"I love you, Roza. And our baby." We dove into Russian baby name guides and agreed 'Dominik' was most fitting. It meant 'belonging to The Lord', and with the Spirit-related, miracle conception we couldn't agree more on how appropriate to the situation it was.