Not Less than Anyone [Tyson Granger]

Your PoV
I bit my lip as Voltaire tightened his grip on my hand. Was he going to break this one too? Tears clouded my vision but I sat through Kai's match. This must be very difficult for him. Betraying his old team, then leaving black Dranzer, rejoining the team but then losing again.

"Both of you are absolutely worthless." Voltaire, or grandfather, said harshly before yanking me up.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Spencer won the match easily and unfairly.

"Home." That's not my home!

I barely got a glimpse of my brother's face before Voltaire sent me off to the car.

Gosh he was just a fourteen year old!

That night after dinner when I was sure dear grandfather would be asleep I sneaked out. I had started learning how to drive since I was going to get my license soon. It was a difficult task for me, driving with an optical fibre hand and a bruised left hand.
But well you gotta do with what you got.

I drove to the hotel near Balkov Abbey - The Facility that grandfather owned and which ran under Boris Balkov's reign. Balkov was a local Russian, not a freaky mix of inbred Russians and Japanese, like Grandfather. Or us: Kai and me.

It was a tedious task searching for them but in the clean polished hotel I finally found the room belonging to BladeBreakers.

Knock knock knock-

A short boy with long blue hair and tanned skin, wearing a loose T and shorts, face smeared with ice cream and ketchup (eww that's gross) opened the door.

"Yes?"

"Uh, the BladeBreakers?" I asked, clueless.

"Uh-huh...No autographs f-" The boy's lips curled upwards as he began but I cut him hastily.

"Can I meet Kai Hiwatari?" I peeked a bit in the room from above his shoulder. Sure enough there were the arm guards he always wore.

"Your name?" He asked again. "But I am sure he won't take pictures or do autographs-"

"(Y/n) Hiwatari." Surprise crossed his features as he nodded and let me in. Why did he even think I am a fan. Kids nowadays. No sixteen year old is going to be running after my baby brother.

"Kai!" Three more boys were sitting inside. There were unopened crisps, soda, ice cream, pizza boxes but no sign of Kai.

I checked out the décor in the suite as the boys tried to clean the space hastily. Kai walked inside wearing only a thin jumper and sweatpants.

"Kai." I said the lone word hesitantly. I had no idea how he would react. His gaze settled on me, mouth opening in shock for a split second, before he regained his composure.

"(Y/n)." He stated simply and folded his hands.

"You guys know each other?" The blue haired kid said. His eyes danced between both of us. I noticed how all eyes were fixed on us, and grew more rigid.

"Yes we do." I answered when it was evident brother dear wasn't going to speak. "I am his sister."

"Wha-?" The blond kid behind opened his mouth in shock.

"Why are you here?" Kai switched to Russian, wanting some privacy for us.

"I wanted to meet you. I know you wouldn't be able to-" I explained hastily before he cut me again.

"Bullshit. Why did grandfather send you?" He crossed his arms and stood in a subtly protective stance before all his teammates.

"Voltaire? Are you kidding? I drove here myself." I patted my pocket where the car keys were.