Chapter One-Captured/Intro

*****I am going to be making this same story into a werewolf one with a different name. So if you wanna see Rebecca find her werewolf mate stay tuned.**********

You never actually get used to life on the run.

It was only about a year ago that a group called "The Mercenaries" came to town with the promise of "protecting the people and what is theirs."

At first everyone liked the idea of it and it was working well until the sixth month was over.

They raided homes and took captive anyone that would not join their so called "group."

The captives were either forced to work terrible jobs and hours or were killed. If you joined the group you still had to work, but you were basically treated like a king with whatever you needed.

I assume by now you figured out that I didn't join their group and I ran away.

Why didn't I join them you ask? Well what majority of the people that did join, didn't know, was that you killed innocent people and would have to take land that belonged to other people.

You would basically become the monster you see in your dreams because I don't know about you, but killing innocent people is not something I want to be apart of.

They fight the cities that have refused to join, and they started a war that can only be won by them.

The day I ran away, the mercenaries went to every door in the city and escorted everyone to a line.

You wait in line till you get to the long row of tables were you either join them or they take you someplace else to be killed.

I waited in line for what felt like forever and when I almost arrived to the tables. Next I found the perfect moment when the guards weren't looking, and I ran.

Gunfire sprayed all around me but I was lucky enough to not get hit. I ran into the forest which probably saved my life, and I just kept running.

It's winter here, and though it's cold, there's no snow on the ground..........yet. I have been camping in a cave for the last couple of days but the part I hate is I will have to leave pretty soon before I get caught.

The cave is so perfect though, I can make a fire and no one will see the smoke. The only problem is, I haven't eaten in days which isn't good at all.

As I sit here listening to the quiet morning it's a bit too quiet. All of a sudden I hear branches breaking, and the sound is coming straight towards my cave.

I quickly put out the fire, put my knife in my pocket, and run to the exit. I look, but see nothing. I slowly walk out, to see a deer running towards me. Before it gets to me, it collapses and hits the ground.

I roll it over to see an arrow sticking out of it. I look back up as I see three mercenaries circling me. You can tell which ones are the mercenaries by their red and camouflage clothes, and the patch's on their arms.

One has a bow and arrow, the second has a rifle, and the third a pistol. The man with the rifle hits me knocking me down onto my back. He then aims the rifle at me while the other two grab the deer.

The pistol guy gets the deer onto his back then the one with the bow and arrow walks over to me with rope in his hand. The man with the rifle barks at me to get up, which I do.

The man with the rope ties my hands together in front of me then starts walking back from the direction they first came.

The man with the rifle pushes it into my back and barks at me to move.

We start walking and about ten quiet minutes later we arrive at a small Jeep. ((picture at top))

They tie the deer to the back of the Jeep then the guy with the pistol pulls the front seat forward and motions for me to get into the back seat.

I want to run but I wouldn't make it ten feet without being grabbed or shot. I climb into the back seat and click my seatbelt into place.

The man with the pistol gets into the back with me, and the other two men get in the front and start to drive.

The bow and arrow man in the passenger seat turns to look at me then looks at the driver and asks "so she's the one?"

The driver replies with " Once we turn her in we won't have to worry about money ever again boys."

I put my head back in confusion and ask myself "why am I so important to the mercenaries, I'm a nobody."

We drive for about twenty more minutes when I realize the man with the pistol is fast asleep.

I quickly throw my hands over the drivers head and start choking him out with the rope that my hands are tied with.

He starts to freak out and starts to loose control of the Jeep while the guy in the passenger seat tries to help get the rope off of him.

The guy next to me, wakes up and tries to pull me back but it only chokes the driver out more.

The driver starts to lose consciousness and the guy beside me pulls out his pistol but I kick his hand making him drop it.

All of a sudden the car starts to go off of the road and I feel impact and everything goes black.