Chapter Fifteen- Rude Awakening

My head is pounding and it feels like my eyes will never open. Once they are, my head feels like it's about to explode.

I'm sitting in a chair with my hands tied to the arms of the chair. There is two guards in two different corners of the room and three guards outside of the cell.

I look over to one of the guards and mumble out "my head is killing me."

He pulls out his walkie talkie and has a small conversation in a different language that I can't understand.

Minutes later the man from before that shot Edward arrives. All of the guards salute him as he enters the cell.

He pulls up a chair and sits close enough we're he can reach me. The two guards that are in the room stand right behind him.

He stares at me for a moment almost taunting me with his eyes then he says "Your head hurts?"

Knowing this is a trick, I only nod my head so he won't beat me to a pulp. He says something in another language then Aaron walks in, still in his uniform and mask. He grabs a small container out of his bag and hands the man two pills.

The man says "these are pain pills, you can have them, if and only if from this point on you are good."

I feel like a little kid as he tells me this and though my head is killing me, I just shake my head in refusal hoping he doesn't make it hurt worse.

He gives me a look of annoyance then stands up and walks out of the cell while saying "tell me once she's ready to listen."

Not much later I can feel myself getting worse and the guards can see it too. The guards in my cell are starting to talk on the walkie talkie and Aaron is patiently waiting at the door.

The man from before shows up and opens it and Aaron's rushes in. He takes my temperature and does some other things and when he shows it to the man, the man slightly freaks out. He starts yelling commands at each guard and next thing I know I'm untied and being carried down a hallway by Aaron.

We enter into a large fancy bathroom with a bath tub almost as big as a hot tub. A few guards start pouring ice into it and once it's full Aaron goes to put me into it. I freak out and start clawing at Aaron to put me down.

The man grabs my head so I'm looking at him and he says in a firm tone, "you have a very bad fever, if we don't put you into this you could die."

Hesitantly I stop fighting and next thing I know I'm submerged in ice. I can feel my body start to cool down but I start to shake.

I feel like a hurt puppy looking up at the man who is intently watching my every move. It's been about five minutes and all of a sudden the man says something in the other language. I'm pulled from the ice water by Aaron and I stand there in soaking wet clothes shaking because of the cold.

Aaron picks me up and we follow the man to a room I've never seen before. It's a nice big bedroom with a giant bed and a large couch by a coffee table. We enter a bathroom, almost like the one I was just in.

The man opens the closet and pulls out some clothes then kind of shyly says "which one of us do you want to help you change clothes?"

I tightly pull on Aaron's jacket and the man only nods then leaves the bathroom. Aaron gently puts me down and while he's helping me he says "I'm so sorry, I'm going to make this right."

Once I'm finally dressed in normal clothing, he carries me over to the bed and puts me down. I climb in still freezing but not as bad. The man is sitting on the couch watching and Aaron starts to put a I.V. In my arm.

He stops and asks the man for help because of how bad I'm shaking. The man quickly walks over and holds my arm so Aaron can put the I.V. in.

Before the man can leave again I grab his arm and he turns around in confusion, but before he can say anything I cut in. "Why are you helping me?" I ask

He takes a deep breath before saying "My orders are to keep you alive at all costs, but I have a feeling you already knew that." I could sense he had another reason, but I feel terrible and he wouldn't tell me anyway.

Aaron finishes doing everything then takes a seat on the couch.

The man sits down on the edge/end of the bed and I ask him "what's your name?"

"Damien" he reply's.

I am about to speak again but he knows it's a question so he slightly shakes his head then says "that's enough questions for one day, you need some rest."

I nod knowing he's exactly right and I get as comfy as I can under the blankets. I wake up a some time later, and I'm sweating, but I feel a lot better. Damien sees that I'm awake so he hits Aaron to wake him up. Aaron looks around startled for a second then sees me and sits down on the bed.

He starts to take my temperature and do some other things and when he's done he shows Damien my temperature. Damien gives a sigh of relief and exits the room. I give a wide eyed look to Aaron and he just continues putting his equipment away.

I don't know what happened to Aaron after I escaped but something is definitely up with him. Just as my thoughts take me into space, I'm brought back to reality by many footsteps entering the room.

I look over, to see about eight soldiers, plus Carl and Edward. I thought Damien had killed Edward....what is going on.

The soldiers stop, while Edward and Carl advance towards me. I basically fall out of the bed and crawl backwards as they get closer. My back hits what I think is the wall until I feel a boot under my hand.

I look up and it's Damien standing there staring straight ahead at the two of them.

They continue walking forward until Damien bellows out in a commanding tone "don't make me shoot you again." Edward stops for a second until Carl starts walking faster towards me.

Just as I think Carl is about to hit me, I close my eyes and I hear a gunshot. I open my eyes to see Damien standing right in front of me.