Chapter Two-Fight

My eyes struggle to open as I feel myself waking up. I realize I am pinned by my seatbelt but I am upside down. The two guys that were in the front look like they went through the windshield. The guy with the pistol is unconscious beside me.

I can see the engine starting to smoke so I quickly reach for my knife and cut the seatbelt, and the rope around my wrists. Once I cut it, gravity forces me onto the roof and I manage to crawl to the front of the Jeep. I pull on the door handle on both sides but it doesn't budge. I kick the window over and over again till it breaks.

I start to crawl out when I hear the guy with the pistol coughing heavily and yelling something. Though he did kidnap me, I can't just let him die. I crawl back in and I manage to free his hand from the seatbelt that was stopping him from moving. I help him from the back of the Jeep to the front and he gets out of the Jeep. I go to crawl to the front but the smoke is so thick at this point I can't see which way to go. I feel my head spinning and my body starts to go limp.

Next thing I know, I feel two hands on my wrists pulling me. I can see the daylight once again and fresh air rushing to my lungs. I start coughing heavily and I feel someone roll me on my side. Being on my side seems to help and I eventually stop coughing. I stand, look around, and there is the three guys from the Jeep plus two other guys. One of the guys is physically built and has huge muscles while the other.....well the other is staring right at me.

The guy who had the rifle stands up, runs at me, while yelling "You did this, you killed my brother!"

He goes to punch me and I close my eyes waiting for the impact, but it never comes. I open my eyes to see the man who was staring at me, in front of me, holding the guys arm at an unnatural angle. The rifle guy screams in pain and the other guy throws him to the ground. He then turns around and looks deep into my eyes. I can feel myself starting to get unsteady again but he notices and grabs my arms to hold me up. He yells at the other guy who was with him to go get the med kit.

He then looks back at me and smiles and says in a soothing tone "My name is James, what's yours."

I go to speak when I hear a gunshot go off.

James turns around positioning me protectively behind him. The guy who had the pistol is aiming it at us and calling to his brother, the guy with the rifle, Carl.

Carl stands back up and says "Billy, I'll get his gun."

Carl and Billy both walk over to us and Billy says "slowly take your pistol out of the holster, put it on the ground, and back away."

James does as he says and backs us up so I'm between him and a tree. Carl then smirks and says "Billy get the girl."

Billy walks towards us and James holds his ground. Carl aims the gun to James' head and says "move or die."

James stays put and I can tell what Carl is going to do next so I walk forward around James. James grabs my arm and whispers "I won't let them hurt you."

I pull his hand from my arm and I say "I won't let them kill you."

Billy grabs me and pulls me with him over to Carl. Carl punches me and I fall to the ground. I look over at James and his eyes look orange, almost like fire. He starts walking towards Billy threatening him as he walks. Billy fumbles to get the gun back out and just as he does, James hits the gun out of his hand and they both start fighting for it.

I stand up and try to get to the gun but Carl grabs me from behind and puts the gun to my head. He fires a shot at the ground and James stands up grabbing Billies head.

James says "You hurt her and I'll snap his neck."

Carl says "looks like we're at a standstill here."

I hear a click of a gun behind me and a low voice say "drop the gun and let her go."

Carl pushes me down and turns around grabbing the gun of the person who had him at gunpoint. He hits the person with his gun then aims it at him. In one motion I grab the gun that Carl dropped, I stand up, and aim it at Carl.

I aim it as best as I can, though I have never shot a gun, and pull the trigger. The bullet hits his leg then he aims the gun at me and I hear James yell. Next thing I know I hear the shot ring out and I feel it tear through my shoulder.

I hit the ground and I hear lots of yelling and noise but at one point everything is silent and everything starts to turn black.