Chapter Nineteen-Choices

"Edward?"

"Well look what the boys dragged in"

The guy who was aiming the pistol pulls down his bandana and I know I am absolutely screwed.

"We have some unfinished business little girl."

I start walking backwards till Edward grabs me from behind and holds my arms behind my back.

Carl charges towards us and starts planting punches everywhere he can.

He starts screaming and yelling at me before giving one final blow and Edward lets me fall to the ground.

As I lay there on my stomach I hear someone I don't know say "Boss you need to take this call."

Edward grunts and starts to walk away "Carl, no more for today."

Carl says nothing as Edward leaves to a building then I hear him walk back over to me.

He grabs me and rolls me over so I am on my back.

"If you think you got off easy, your wrong, everyday be ready for it."

He gives me an evil smile and I say "I'm ready for James to kill you."

His smile fades and he throws his fist back ready to punch me until we hear "Carl stop."

Carl just stands there as I hear Edward beside us "Damien is coming here to check how things are going." "So if you don't want him to take her, then we need to hide her now."

Carl stands all the way up and says "how long do we have?"

"Ten minutes"

"Ten minutes?" "How, the base is an hour away?"

"He was at the other camp nearby and decided he would just come here to get his check over with."

"Carl you find a place to hide her, I'll get everything else ready."

Carl nods then grabs my arms and starts to drag me. We get to a shed in the back of the compound and he unlocks the door with a key then pulls me in.

He grabs some rope off of the wall of the shed and starts to tie my hands and legs together. Then he takes another rope and ties it to the rope on my hands.

He grabs some duct tape and covers my mouth then leaves the shed. I hear him lock it then walk away.

Minutes later I hear loud vehicles arrive then sputter to a stop.

Knowing it's Damien I have to get out of this shed. Although the last place I need to be is with any mercenary, Damien won't do what Carl will to me.

I hear the voices of them walk by the shed and then their voices fade.

I manage to pull free from the rope that had my arms tied above me. I then untie the rope around my legs. I can't get the rope off of my wrists so I go to the door and try to get it open.

It doesn't budge because of the lock and I can't help but to lose hope.

"What if I'm trapped here with Carl and Edward forever?"

I turn around and sink to the floor.

A tear runs down my cheek and I feel a bit of warmth all of a sudden.

I look up to see the sun shining in from a small crack in the wall. I start to walk over to it when I trip.

I whine in pain as I land instantly knowing I broke a rib.

I'm surprised Carl didn't break it first, but I'm sure he bruised it which surely helped it to break on impact.

I crawl over to the board in the wall and I grab it with both hands and pull it with all my might.