Chapter Four-Injury

After a very long day I close my eyes in hope to get some sleep. My thoughts can't help but keep me awake though...... or it's the hard cold concrete floor I'm sleeping on.

After they put me into the truck they put a blindfold on me and gave me a shot that put me to sleep. When I awoke I found myself in a small jail cell with nothing in it at all. After about an hour of trying to sleep I stand up and walk over to the window. Of course there's bars on it but maybe I could move them and climb out. I go to pull my knife out of pocket when I realize they must have taken it from me when I was asleep.

I pull on the bars and try to get them to budge but it's no use. I feel a slight breeze of heat come my way in which I find comes from the ceiling in the corner. There is a very tiny air vent that is blowing warm air. It's much to small to climb into so I just sit down in a ball and wait for whatever is next.

I start to hear footsteps coming down the hallway getting louder and louder until I hear the noise stop outside of my cell. The hallway is so dark all I can see is his dark brown boots.

The voice says "turn the lights on" in a deep raspy voice.

His voice sparks recognition in my head. Before I have a chance to prepare myself, the lights turn on and I see the man from before, the man with the rifle, the man who shot me, Carl.

His eyes zone in on me and he gives me a small evil smirk. To annoy him, I stand up and lean my back against the wall with my arms crossed. I will not give him the satisfaction of seeing me curled up in a ball in the corner like a lost puppy. I won't. His smirk goes away and he pulls his key out to open the door.

Just as he unlocks it we both hear a voice come from down the hallway yelling "What do you think your doing?"

He jumps back startled taking his key out and walking back to the wall opposite of my cell.

A man then walks into sight and says to him "get out of here, you can have your fun later."

Carl looks at me as he begins to walk away and I throw a look his way like I have won and I hear him mumble "I'll be back."

The man then turns towards my cell and says "So your the one everyone is looking for."

I give him a confused look and his eyes light up like he's just found gold.

"both the mercenaries and the rebels are looking for you."

He gives me a smile and says "To your luck though you are at one the most highly guarded mercenary bases in the world."

A radio blasts to life on his belt and says "commander we need you in the meeting room right this instant."

He then nods his head to me and says "I will return so we can finish our little conversation."

He walks away and I wait about ten seconds before running over to my cell door. I pull on it and it comes right open. I can't help but throw my fist up and yell "Yessss" in my head before walking out of the cell. Carl may be a total jerk but by him being an idiot, I am awarded by freedom. The hallway lights turn off once again and I know it's time for me to get out of here.

I run down the hallway as quickly as possible while trying to be silent. As I walk down the hallway I go through a door and come into a corridor that goes four different ways. Down the hallway in front of me I see a sign at the very end that's says exit. Just as I am about to go that way I see two guards coming down the hallway so I quickly run into the right corridor and enter a room where the sign says Staff Only.