Chapter Ten-Bodyguards

The door to the stall opens and my life flashes before my eyes as a tall mans head peaks from around the hay bale.

He lets out a yell alerting anyone nearby to come to him as three other men enter the room. I crawl as far back into the corner as I can as they approach me.

The guy closest to me gets a huge smirk on his face as he says "you boys want to have some fun." I can feel my heart beating heavily as the man forcefully grabs my leg to pull me towards him.

I kick him in the throat and he starts coughing and cussing as he pulls out his gun.

He aims it at me and I hear a gunshot that makes me jump and close me eyes.

As I look, I see the man on the ground holding his leg in pain. I stand up and see James aiming his pistol at the man.

He grabs him by his injured leg and pulls him outside the stall. I follow James' and the large crowd of people outside into the field.

Everyone circles around James and I climb up a nearby tree to see what's going on. James starts speaking to the people and I can't hear what he is saying.

A flashback overwhelms my head and I climb down half of the tree and fall down the other half.

A few people notice and start to walk towards me. I can't help but scream as I run towards the barn.

I shut the door behind me and quickly run over to Apollo.

As I jump onto his back, the door to the barn opens. Apollo and I take off towards the door and make it outside.

We are quickly surrounded by the army of people that were there before. Apollo rears up and I fall off, but I quickly stand back up.  One of the men grab Apollo and leads him back to the barn and I am left surrounded.

I throw a punch at one person and they hit the ground as I am grabbed in a bear hug from behind. I hear the voice of the person that is holding me say "Rebecca it's me."

I instantly stop fighting and James lets me go and I hug him as hard as I can. I start to sob into his chest and he holds onto me while saying "it's okay now, I got you."

He pulls me into his side and he looks at the crowd around him then says to me "let's go home."

We start to walk towards the forest but I stop in my tracks and he knows exactly what I want.

He turns to a man and says "pay the farm owner whatever it takes for his horse." The man nods and runs off to the farmers home. I have a huge smile on my face as we continue walking into the forest.

We arrive at a long row of trucks, some with guns on it, some without. All of the men from before start to pile into trucks but five of them stay around us. James notices my looking an he whispers "they are our personal body guards, two for me, and three for you."

I give each of them a hard look and one of them notices then looks back and forth between James and I. James' nods and three of the men walk forward.

The one in the front, obviously the leader, is very built and strong and has a large rifle slung over his shoulder. The one to the back, right, of him is shorter and carrying a backpack with a medic patch on it. The one to the back, left, is tall and slim but is carrying what looks like camping equipment on his back.

The man in the front puts his hand out to greet me and I shake his large muscular hand.

He says "my name is Zach."

He points to the shorter one, to the right and says "this is Tyler."

He then points to the tall guy on the left, "and this is Noah."

Noah and Tyler both say at the same time "nice to meet you."

A hear a voice come from behind us and the three boys instantly get in front of me. To my relief it's just one of the rebels who looks startled himself at the boys fighting stances.

The rebel says "Sir the troops are all accounted for and ready to go."

James nods then introduces me to his two guards, Mason and Dean. They both nod their heads and they follow James and I into a large truck(at the top.) I sit down on the benches attached to each side of the truck with James' arm around me the whole time.

I place my head on his shoulder by his head and he whispers me to me "it's okay, get some sleep my angel."

I close my eyes envisioning what will come when I awake.

When I do wake up I find myself laying on the same bench but no one is in sight.

It's now night time and it's pretty hard to see much of anything around me. I sit up and I see a meal on the bench across from me.

I run over to the food and start to hog it down. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I had eaten all the food that was on my plate. I grab the cup of water and gulp down the cool water.

Just as I finish I hear footsteps coming towards the truck. I was so hungry that I totally forgot that I was alone here, where even is here?

I crawl until my back hits the wall of the truck and I hold the tray, the food was on, in my hand ready to hit someone with it. I know I look like a scared kid trying to hide in plain site but that's the only thing I can do.

The curtain on the other side of the truck moves and someone enters. I'm hoping they won't see me till they get close as It's really dark. The man turns around and jumps off the truck yelling "where's the girl?"

I breathe a sigh of relief but then a bulkier man hops into the truck with the man from before behind him. He pulls out something then a bright light flashes and it is straight on me.

He hands the flashlight to the guy behind him then he walks towards me. He stops a few feet in front of me and crouches down.

He puts his hand out and says "Remember me, my names Zach."

I nod my head and grab his hand.

He gently pulls me up and the man behind him says in a low tone "I'm sorry for scaring you ma'am."

Zach gives him a look and the younger guy gets out of the truck and runs off. Zach hops down from the truck then helps me down and I realize we are at a pretty big base.

There is large walls made out of giant cargo crates and many buildings, and tents. There's people everywhere and Zach can see that I am getting anxious.

He whispers "I'm going to take you to James."

I nod as he takes the lead and and shortly after Noah, and Tyler show up and follow behind me. Everyone we walk by either gives me a quick nod or waves as if they know me.

We arrive at a large building that has a small hospital sign on the front. We enter and I find James in the lobby facing a window. I push past Zach and run over to James, jumping on him and almost knocking him over.

He hugs me in a death grip and says "let's get you checked out by a doctor."

I follow him into a room where I sit down on the bed thing they have and James sits in a nearby chair. Our body guards wait outside and the doctor eventually enters.

"You have certainly been through quite a lot" he says after finishing up the exam.

He leaves the room and James picks me up while saying "You heard the man, you need to rest."

I can't help but laugh as we exit the room and Zach and Mason are standing there. James carries me to a nearby building where there is two armed guards at the front door.

We enter into a long hallway with six doors. He pushes open our door then lays me down onto the bed.

My head hits the pillow and my body starts to tell me that it's ready to sleep. He slides into bed beside me and closes his eyes. I do the same gladly.