Chapter Eleven-Questions

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

I wake up to a loud knocking on the door. I get up out of my bed and walk over to the door. I pull it open to see Zach standing there.

"Sorry to wake you, but James wanted me to tell you to take a shower and change into these." He hands me a pile of clothes and I thank him then go back into my room.

I take my dirty and bloody clothes off and climb into the shower. I take a long hot shower and get out. I walk into the bedroom and lay the clothes out I was given. There's a camouflage outfit with black boots. I get dressed then put my hair up into a pony tail.

I open the door to the hallway and see Zach sitting outside waiting for me. We walk to the exit door and I can see through the glass that something big is going on as there are thousands of people crowded around a large stage looking structure. Zach knocks on the exit door and it immediately opens.

I cross the threshold of the door, following Zach's footsteps and find us to be surrounded by six people besides my normal three guards. I look over to Tyler and he gives me a weary look.

Before I can question it though, We arrive at the structure but stand to the side until I hear the crowd roar in applause and cheering to someone walking up the other side of the podium.

I see James up at the podium on it and he starts to talk to the crowd. He talks about the biggest mission we are ever going to go on and that it will happen in a few days.

Once the speech is over James gives a quick look my way, nods, then rushes off the stage the same way he got on. Zach then grabs my arm and starts to pull me back towards my bedrooms building.

We get there and he quickly pushes me inside and says "don't come out till I come back."

I gave him a questioning look then began to speak but he slammed the door shut and I could hear the door lock. I start to go into panic mode and wonder what is happening. I size up my room and it's really small, there's a king size bed, dresser, small closet, and a bathroom.

There's no windows and no way of escape. Why would James just leave me? Why would Zach just lock me in here like a prisoner? What was happening?

I pull a Bobby pin out of my hair and quickly try to pick the lock on the door. Just as I think I am about to get it I hear yelling on the other side of the door.

I quickly put the Bobby pin back in my hair as I hear it getting closer gunfire erupts on the other side of the door. I drop to the ground and crawl to the bathroom where I close the door and get into the bathtub.

Next thing I know the bathroom door comes flying open and there's a man standing there pointing a rifle at me. Just as I think he's going to pull the trigger he flies into the opposing wall and I see Noah standing there.

I run over to him and try to yell over the gunfire.

"Noah, what the hell is happening?"

He yells "we need to leave now" then grabs my hand and starts to pull me out the door.

We go out of a back door to the building to find a Jeep. He pushes me to the door and I jump into the back seat and he hops in beside me.

The Jeep takes off and I quickly realize that Tyler is the one driving, and that Zach is in the passengers seat. Gunshots start to hit our car and Noah pushes me down so I'm in between the seats.

He returns fire and about five minutes down the road Tyler pulls the Jeep over and all three of them get out.

My door opens and Zach helps me out of the car.

He starts to check over me to make sure I'm not hurt and I say "what is happening guys?"

Zach continues what he's doing while saying "Look, after you fell asleep last night we attacked a Mercenary base."

"We saved many people and took down that base."

"I guess a few of the people that we saved were undercover spies and they told their bosses about our base."

"The boss.........James, told us that if he comes on our side after the speech, that everything is fine and to carry on like normal."

"But if he goes off the other way, we are to keep you safe at all costs." "So that's what we did."

I say "where's James?"

He doesn't look at me and starts to do something else until I grab his head and move it so he's looking at me and I say in a louder tone "Where is James?"

He shakes his head and says "I don't know."

I can feel my knees start to give out and my vision start to blur.

I can't lose him, I can't.