Chapter Twelve-Traitor

My eyes open to find myself laying in a tent. I crawl out and I see Tyler and Noah sleeping while Zach is leaning against a log, gun in hand.

He looks over at me and gives me a slight smile, then continues to scan his eyes across the forest.

It's nighttime so it's pretty dark but the moon glows bright enough to see pretty well. Zach's watch beeps a few moments later and He gently kicks Noah's boot to wake him up.

Noah's head flies up and he pulls out his gun until he notices that everything's okay. Zach taps on his watch twice as if to say your turn and Noah gives him a nod.

Zach puts his head back against the log and closes his eyes and I can't help but stare at him. He reminds me of James, he's strong, smart, and will do whatever it takes to keep me safe.

My question though, is he doing this because James told him too.......or is it for another reason.

As I'm in the middle of my thought process I hear Zach say "Take a picture, it will last longer."

I cant help but slightly laugh and also blush of embarrassment that he caught me staring.

He opens his eyes back up and says "you should get some sleep, we leave in a few hours."

I quickly nod my head and lay back down in the tent.

I don't feel tired but I know that I need to get as much sleep as possible........ I can feel this is only the beginning.

Bang, Bang, Bang is the only thing I hear when I awake.

I find myself slung over the shoulder of who I can only assume is Zach because of how strong and built his body is.

I look up and see Tyler and Noah both shooting their guns.

One shoots while the other runs towards us and then they switch.

As I wake up more I feel a burning pain on my right side.

I put my hand on it and pull it back to see it have some blood on it, enough to be concerned but not enough that I can't do anything.

I feel like I can't catch a break with bullets.

Next thing I know Noah yells in pain as a bullet hits him.

I tap on Zach's back and tell him to pick up Noah and I'll run beside him.

He nods then puts me down behind a tree and runs to get Noah.

He picks him up while yelling something to Tyler then we take off.

As we go further, and further it's getting harder for me to run as my side is killing me. We finally stop once we evade the enemies and Tyler starts to do his medic work on Noah's leg.

Zach helps him with it and I sit down against a tree opposite of them. I put my hand back onto my side and my hand is immediately covered in blood.

I hear a gasp as I look up to see Noah, the only one who is facing my direction, pointing at me. The other two immediately look and run over to me faster than I can speak.