Ch. 17: Preparing for a Fight

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was up at three in the morning. I got out and went for a run and exercised. After I took a shower and helped the cook, cook breakfast for everyone.
Everyone was up at seven in the morning down and eating. There wasn't much talking at the table. I guess they decided to save that for the study and when the Appleberry's would come over.
We all helped cleaning up after we ate. As we cleaned there was the sound of the doorbell. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. None of them wanted to get the door.
"Okay, I get it. You all fear the Appleberry's. I will get the door." I shook my head leaving the dinning room.
Wren came out behind me. "Sloane."
"Yeah Wren?" I closed my eyes and looked at her again.
"Just be careful. Especially with Gwendolyn and Bowie." She gave a genuine smile.
I smiled back. "I will Wren. No worries."
I opened the door finding Karen, Welch, Kal, and Phoenix. Behind them were Gwendolyn and Bowie. I could tell they didn't want to be here. More than likely, none of the others really wanted them here.
"Please do come in. They all headed to the study." I waved my hand for them to come inside.
I walked past them leading the way to the study. When we arrived, everyone had their noses in a book. They were going to try and leave it all up to me. But I wasn't about to let that happen. Jason was the only one that came over to acknowledge their existence.
"Okay, listen up. We may no get along. I know there has been bad vibes between a lot of us. But we either get along and don't get killed. Or we fight like cats and dogs and get killed. That is all up to you." I crossed my arms over my chest.
I was serious. I wasn't about to let the people I care about die. No way was that going to happen.
They sighed, putting their books down. "Okay, dad and Jason, you two partner up with Karen and Welch. Kal you go to Jonathon. Phoenix will help Slade, the twins and I. Gwendolyn and Bowie can go with Bodhi, and Jett. If that is a problem, don't complain to me or to each other. Just get prepared."
They all took their places without a single word. I knew the grownups would work well with one another. Kal and Jonathon I had no doubts there either. It was Gwendolyn and Bowie I had my doubts about.
As I looked around I realized one person was missing. He had been missing for a while. "Wait, stop."
They all looked at me. "Where the hell is Ozzi?"
Frankie came over to me and took my arm leading me outside to the back yard. After we were far enough away from the house, she let go.
"Franks, where is Ozzi?" I was getting worried. He hadn't been around for a while. I can't believe I hadn't noticed until now.
"When you left and went to Montana, he left too. It wasn't to go find you. He jus thought that now since you were gone, we were all screwed. He won't come back. We have all tried to get to come back but he just won't." Frankie had tears rolling down her face.
"Give me an address Frankie. I will go get him. I'm not losing another one of my fleet. I'm not losing another friend." I pulled out my phone and gave it to Frankie.
She typed in the address on GPS. "I don't think you can get him to come back. But good luck."
I walked off. Not bothering to go through the house, I went beside it to go to my truck. How could I have forgot about Ozzi. He was loyal. He made sure everyone was taking care of. I was a complete ass.
***
I drove like a mad woman to the address Frankie gave me. When I was finally there, it had taken an hour and thirty minutes outside of Appleberry to get there. He wanted to be gone but him being this close meant there was hope.
I went up to the motel manager working the window. "Yeah, I'm looking for a guy named Ozzi. I need his room number."
"I'm not authorized to give out any information unless you are the police and have a warrant." The guys voice was monotone. He wasn't even looking up at me.
I was already upset and now I was getting pissed. "Just tell me if you've seen this guy?"
I held up a picture of Ozzi on my phone in front of his face. "I'm sorry. Can't give out any info."
That was it, I punched the glass and grabbed him by his collar and demanded he tell me. "What room is he in?"
"Room 103." The guys eyes were in shock and scared.
"Thank you." I let go of him and went to find room 103.
When I found it, I knocked on it. The music inside got louder. So, I knocked louder. We battled with the knocking and music for about two minutes until I kicked the door in.
"Holy shit. Sloane." Ozzi was in fighting stance when I walked in.
"Nice to see you too. Pack your shit, you are coming back with me."
"I'm not going back." He sat on the end of the bed.
I took a deep breath and went and sat beside him. "Why is that?"
"You just left Sloane. For two months. You are our alpha. What are we supposed to do without you? What if you leave again?"
"I had shit to figure out Ozzi. I figured it out and I'm back. Now that I'm back, I need my fleet together. Meaning I need you back. For future reference, I'm not going anywhere. I know where my place is."
"What's going on that you need us all together?"
"I pissed off the elders. Now they are coming to off all our heads, unless we kill them first. So, what do you say? Fight with us?"
Ozzi stood up and hugged me. "I'll fight with you any day."
"Then let's go. I need to pay the manager for breaking his glass box and his door."
"We better hurry before the police officers get here then." He laughed.
As Ozzi got in the truck, I went over to the manager. He was still in shock over the glass being broken. I don't blame him. Few teenage girls could do that.
"Hey, here is more than enough money to fix your glass window here and the door I broke upstairs. Don't spend it all in one place." I patted his back.
"Th...th...thanks." He stuttered out.
Getting in the truck Ozzi was doubled over laughing his ass off. "Man, that guy will never date a girl again. You probably scared him that bad."
"That or maybe he will have a little more respect." I buckled up.