Ch. 19: Game Plan

We had two more days until Claudette and her puppets would be here in Oregon. But we had our plans. I was to take out Claudette. Kal, Phoenix, and Bowie would go after Richard. The twins along with the rest of the fleet would go after James.
Taking out Claudette wouldn't be easy. It was going to be a dance until I could rip her heart out. I wasn't too excited having to kill someone. But it was kill her or her kill me.
I was sitting on the cliffs edge over looking the ocean. This is where we all agreed to meet for the fight that was in two days. We all had gone over the woods and beach and even the cliff to make sure we knew our way around. I wanted the cliff. The fleet was going to take the woods to fight James and his fleet. Kal, Phoenix, and Bowie were taking the beach to kill Richard. We wanted all three elders apart from each other.
The younger siblings were going to stand guard to make sure no one got down to the beach. The rest of everyone was going to stand on guard just in case plans change. We were going to surround them. Try to have the upper hand.
A voice cleared behind me. I looked back and saw my dad. "May I sit with you?"
"Sure."
We sat there looking at the ocean. The waves were rough today. Crashing in on the beach. Lightening striking as far as the eye could see.
"Why did you pick the cliff Sloane?"
"I figured after I tore out her heart and lit it on fire I could throw the ashes in the water. Then the ashes of her body could be buried here or vis versa. Either way, the water would take the ashes out to who knows where and the body and heart couldn't be connected at all."
"What if you slip and fall?"
"I guess that is a risk I have to take."
Dad chuckled. "You are like your mom. Risk it all no matter the cost."
"I wouldn't risk it if I didn't think I could take her."
"Well, Sloane, I am proud of you."
I laid my head on my dad's shoulder. "Thank you, dad."
"Can we get up now? I'm kind of terrified of heights."
"Yeah, come on scaredy cat."
***
We headed back to Jason's. We all decided to stay there since it was closer to the beach and, there was no way the elders were getting into Jason's place. But on the downside, we still had our school duties to attend to. Jason told us that just because we had to fight the elders and were different didn't mean we could neglect our education.
Zeke came bouncing out from the kitchen. "Time to put the books away. Food is ready."
Ziv slapped Zeke across the head. "Leave it to your grandfather to make us do school work when we are having to fight for our lives."
"At least it is here. We all could be at school."
I got up putting my arm around Zeke's neck. "What do the teachers think of us not being there? We are basically half of the student population."
"They think we went on a special school trip."
I slapped Ziv across the head. "Don't go around being mean to Zeke. His grandfather could kick you out and make you go back to school."
"Fine, I'll be good."
Ziv walked through to the kitchen. "Thanks, Sloane."
"No problem Zeke. Have you seen my sister?"
"I think she is in the study."
***
I walked into the study and found Frankie writing fiercely in her notebook. "Knock, knock."
"Hey Sloane." She didn't look up.
I walked over and sat down at the table. I waited for her to get done writing before I said anything. When her pen finally stopped, she looked up at me.
"Sorry, I am just trying to get this assignment done."
"It's okay. I just wanted to see how you were doing."
"I'm fine."
"Franks, I know you better than that. You are distancing yourself and you have that look."
"I guess I'm just worried."
"I know a lot of this is crazy. It's a lot to take in. But we will be fine."
"Sloane, what if something happens to you? Dad and I already lost mom. We can't lose you."
"You aren't going to lose me. I'm going to take her out and I'm going to win this. I'm not having her take the people I care about away from me."
"You sure you can take her?"
"I am one hundred percent sure. We are going to win this fight Franks."
"I love you Sloane."
"I love you too Franks."
***
I laid in bed beside Slade. It was one in the morning. I couldn't sleep. Today was the big day. We had to fight and kill or be killed. We were risking everything. I got up and got dressed. I left a note for everyone for when they got up. I headed out to the cliff. I had to mentally prepare for this.