First day at work- TO BE REWRITTEN

After yesterday's successful celebration, Poland wanted nothing more than to feel the blissful tranquility of Morpheus' warm embrace that would lull him out of reality. Being a bit of an introvert had proven to be a major disadvantage in such situations, where he was required to do his very best at socialising. It made him feel absolutely drained out of little life force he previously possessed. Regardless of his tiredness, he did consider this day as rather fruitful in a way, after all he got to see his old friends again, maybe even make them forget about all the conflicts they have had back in the day a little...

He was glad that he could say hi to his relatives, no matter how many times they argued with each other in the past. He missed his cousins and siblings, that's why it saddened him a bit to see that his brother had been purposely avoiding him all this time- Lithuania. Poland loved his brother, probably more than Lithuania loved him. Once they were the two were the closest siblings of the bunch, now it seems like everyone has already forgotten that they were even related. Poland wasn't sure what was a specific motive hiding behind this brotherly animosity that plagued the heart of the other brother, but he was sure of one thing; the years of fighting and arguing over such petty reasons, borders, land... all of these negative emotions have surely accumulated over time. However, one thing that Lithuania felt the most hatred towards Poland for was most likely their father's death.

It was undoubtedly one of the main factors of the two siblings drifting this far apart. The death of commonwealth was devastating for them both. Not only the trauma of losing their beloved father, but the 123 years of occupation that followed it, left deep scars on both of them- physically as well as mentally. It wasn't easy to survive the dreadful events that the German and Russian family put theirs through, and after their countless attempts to rise up against their oppressors, Lithuania not only started to lose his will to fight back but also his brotherly love for Poland. He felt that all of this was a great injustice to him. An injustice that Poland was to blame for. If only he wouldn't have made up such idiotic laws... if only he would stop his father from making the wrong decisions...

6:30 AM

The unholy screech of the alarm bell rang, ending the bicoloured country's deep slumber after the eventful night. Thankfully, Poland had enough self control to prevent himself from what the other party attendees did last night, that was getting absolutely drunk out of their senses. The peer pressure was high from his colleagues; constantly begging for him to join their drunk fiasco, that Poland had repeatedly refused to time and time again. At that moment he was thankful for his strength of will. Getting up in the morning wouldn't have been as easy as it is currently if he would've accepted their offer, if getting up even was an option at all in such a case.

He pressed the stop button on the devil's trinket of misery, thinking that such an invention could have only been invented with the original intention of torturing the whole of human kind. With a shallow sigh he rose his face up from the comforting sensation of his pillows' tender touch on his right cheek, opening his eyes to the unwelcoming sunshine that spread itself all over his bedroom. A small wave of anxiety washed over him as he remembered that today was the day he was going to be his first day working at the EU.

Within a couple of minutes he was prepared to leave the comfort of his home capital and venture into the great beyond.

At around 7:20 he was already standing in front of the wide see through doors of a tall glass building, bright sunshine reflecting in each one of the windows making the two coloured country squint a little until he finally reached the shade.

With one more step towards the entrance, the automatic doors parted alarming the person that was sitting next to a large white desk. The tall figure jumped up a bit, yet his dark eyes didn't widened in surprise which told the white and red country that this man has been expecting him to be here all along.