First Base Advice

"So, it's a date." Chuckled the Austrian on the other side of the sturdy wooden desk, as the French woman working on a computer behind them snickered childishly.

"For the last time, it's not a date! I'm just going out for lunch with a friend. There's nothing weird about that." The tricoloured country abruptly stood up from his chair, shuffling through the documents. He shouldn't have mentioned it, but his cousin was so persistent in finding out why he wasn't going to spend the break with him instead.
The Austrian could tell that something was up since he first laid his amber eyes on the German this morning - his excessive use of cologne, a smell that overpowered the room. His attire looked as expensive as usual, the clothing was maybe even a bit more high-end than what he wore daily, yet he appeared ever so slightly less serious and more playful, somewhat rough and unpolished around the edges, he didn't even bring his reading glasses with him.

"A friend?! Is he now? I thought that you hated the guy." Argued the red and white country with a fake inquisitive tone, mocking the taller man as the German's face burnt with embarrassment and his dark brown gaze avoided making eye contact.

It was true. He did hate him back in the day.

He even told himself to disliked him in more the recent decades, and initially Poland didn't do much to make Germany like him either, often ostentatiously and rudely criticising the German during the EU meetings, discrespecting his authority - it was not the sort of thing that he could allow in a workplace. Even if that was just the Pole's personality...
Germany was supposed to be an important figure here, not someone that gets walked over by his subordinates like that.

He hated him for such a long time...

The thought alone made his spirits drop.

It both hurt him and confused him to think about it.

"Alright, a business partner, happy now?" Scoffed the Germanic nation in annoyance.

Why was it that being so irritating seemed to just run in their family?

"Nah you were almost correct the first time, you just forgot to add the prefix 'boy'." The French woman threw in her five cents much to the tricoloured country's disapproval, he looked daggers at the woman. She was one of his best friends and yet she stabbed him in the back just like that.
'Et Tu Brute?' He thought, ' Contra me?"

"Halt dein Mund!" Snapped the German, hurriedly putting on his black leather jacket and getting antsy to live his bully workmates behind.
What has happened to him?
He was the one that used to put people in a priverbial corner and make fun of them, now the shoe was on the other foot.

"You're awfully tense today cousin, usually you just laugh things off and make those horrid, unfunny jokes." Remarked the Austrian, fixing his copper frame glasses.
"Is something wrong?"

"No- I, I'm fine. Brexit is getting to me, I guess, haha." He lied hoping that the other didn't realise what the real reason behind his anxious behaviour was. He walked away and opened the door.
"I'm leaving, the meeting's at 1." The German stated, leaving the two alone.

"Alright, have fun. Remember! A dinner and a movie first, the kissing comes after!" The Austrian called out across the corridor, trying to embarrass his cousin even further as Belgium walked past, looking at the German scurry to the main exit and quickly turn around just to flip his cousin off for his prickish behaviour.

"Fick dich!" The German yelled before storming out of the building.

_________________________________________
Author's note:
> Below 1000 words
>No spell checks!

Hello my dumplings! ^^

Sorry for the short chapter but I'll be splitting my chapters into smaller chunks to make writing more manageable.

I would like to remind you that I'm currently in the process of writing another book too.

Check it out if you have the chance!
There will be a lot of historical chapters explaining what happened after the first partitions that I won't cover in this book.

Love,

Butterscotch Xx

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞