Long road ahead of us

" Are you gonna come out of there or should I break in and carry you to the meeting myself?" said a low voice with a  slight note of irritation.

"Niemcy!?"
The two coloured country's tone was one of deep confusion, he wasn't expecting any of this.

"No, your fairy Godmother... Of course it's me!" He growled in irritation.

"I can see that, but may I ask you, what in the name of everything that's holy are you doing in front of my house?" The other country replied in a cold, emotionless tone.

"Waiting for you, obviously. You completely forgot about leaving your car back there yesterday, didn't you?"

He was right. Poland focused soo much on trying to rationalize what happened yesterday to even remember that he left his car parked miles away from his house.

"Come on, we haven't got all day." Germany's tone grew more quiet and less gruff, and with those final words the two coloured country we ended the call, leaving his house and making his way up to the car.

"Would you look at this, it's the sleeping beauty~ Couldn't you take any longer?"
He mocked the other man with a wide yet somewhat playful grin on his face.

"Hello, to you too I guess."
The white and red country squinted slightly, mixture of emotions stirring in his conscience;
feeling glad that he didn't have to take a day off or be delayed due to transport, confused as to why Germany started to act friendly towards him, although he still made the same annoying remarks and jokes, anxious because all of this didn't seem right to him and slightly annoyed at the prospect of having to put up with the other country's comments for a longer while till they reach their destination.

However the trip went by in almost complete silence, with only a few occasional sarcastic remarks made by Germany, most of which were about the state of the roads. It was almost like Germany was stopping himself from making offensive comments, the two-coloured country got so used to Germany's unflattering comments that it almost felt unnatural not seeing him making any for a longer period of time.
A strong feeling of curiosity ate away at his mind, he wanted to ask why;
why was the other nation acting so strange all of a sudden? Was he planning something that the bicoloured country wasn't anticipating? He struggled to rationalize the other country's behaviour, but held himself back from asking him directly.

7:30
In spite of their delayed departure, they luckily have made it on time for the meeting, with about 5 minutes to spare, which was more than enough for them to find the exact meeting spot that America chose.

"Lengyel!" The white and red country heard a familiar and friendly voice calling out his name as he got out of the car.
The shorter country ran up to greet his old friend as if he hasn't seen him in over a decade, although they saw eachother yesterday.

A visible grimace of confusion appeared on his face as his golden eyes caught the sight of Germany standing on the opposite side of the car.
Feeling a bit taken back by just how abstract this all looked- just yesterday he saw these two having a heated discussion about some new policies that Germany wanted to put into practice, that Poland and a few other countries seemed to be strictly against.

He remembered how the taller tricoloured country handed him an enormous stack of paperwork with a condescending smirk on his face, that Hungary offered to help him with but Poland refused saying that he didn't want his friend to stay in this hell hole longer than he had to.

Hungary turned his gaze back to his friend's face, hoping to hear an explanation that would bring about an end to his complete bewilderment, but to no avail.

"Good morning, Węgry. How have you been lately?" His warm tone seemingly inappropriate for the given situation.

"I'm good, thanks. How are you, you didn't happen to run into any... problems, have you?" The second part was said in a half whisper by the Hungarian.

Poland could sense a note of concern as he saw his shorter companion's gaze move to the tricoloured country behind him for a split second.

"Oh, no, no, no... I can assure you, everything went smoothly on the roads." Poland said reassuringly as looked at the short country with an understanding in his eyes, he knew exactly what he meant, but it's not like he was lying to Hungary either, nothing particularly bad had happened during the last hour or so.

"Guten Morgen, cousin." Greeted Germany, finally acknowledging the shorter country's presence and walking from one side of the car to the other.

"Good morning to you too, Németország." Replied the shorter country, as he grabbed the white and red country's arm excitedly, "Come on, we haven't got all day."
The small tricoloured country pulled the taller man behind him in a half-sprint, leaving the German slightly behind as he marched on at a steady pace.

The meeting itself only lasted about 40 minutes, where the counties of NATO discussed various issues surrounding different conflicts, military strategies and policies.

As the small tricoloured country grew increasingly bored with America's constant blabbering that had long faded into nothing but a distant white noise, he looked up to the country sitting to his left, not wanting to wait for the answer any longer he asked the other man in a half whisper, "Hey, Lengyelország. I was wondering, how did you end up in the same car as my snarky cousin?"

Poland's eyes widened almost instantly.

"Well, it's kind of a long story really. You see, I left my car at the EU parking space, so Germany offered to drive me here himself."