Unusual Wednesday Mornings

6:39 AM

Wednesday mornings seem to always be the hardest ones, at least that's what Poland personally felt. Getting up so early in the middle of the week, knowing that you still have two more days till the weekend seemed to ritually suck out all of his willpower and motivation, leaving him in a state that would be best comparable to an empty, emotionless husk; sometimes it would have the opposite effect making him even more frustrated and irritable, which was something he didn't like about himself.
He liked being in control of his own emotions- Lord knows what would've happen if he wouldn't have been. All that rage, sorrow and pain he was effectively suppressing for all these long decades... Letting them see the daylight after being silenced for so long surely wouldn't be a pretty sight to see.

He liked being in charge of himself, free yet in control, which is why he hated what Germany was doing to him so darn much.
Working at the EU was like a dream that  soon and unexpectedly has turned into a nightmare, he didn't mind the work load, what he did mind was the sadistic grin he saw on his superior's face, his arrogant eyes and mocking facial expressions as he handed him the work. It hurt his pride. Especially when with that same look of superiority on his face would make offensive remarks, trying to get a reaction out of him. So far, he had managed to avoid any emotional outbursts, and only attempted to give rational contra-arguments to undermine his jokes.
Yesterday night however, left him feeling rather confused about that entire happening.
Why was he helping him all of a sudden? For a split second the white and red country could even believe that there was a possibility that Germany could've been actually worried for him. It was almost like he didn't hate him as much as he pretended to... But, why?

An all too familiar sound of the alarm clock brought an end to his pondering.

After getting up, doing his morning routine and eating breakfast he looked at the calendar, where the current day was highlighted in red.
("Ah, yes... The military practice.. almost forgot about that.") He thought to himself as he made his way to his closet in search for his NATO uniform- a black turtleneck shirt, red, slightly tilted beret decorated with a silver eagle badge on the front, heavy black military boots, white belt and a pair of camo trousers that were coupled with a jacket of identical pattern. A small white and red flag embroidery was visible on the upper shoulder part of the jacket's sleeve.

The country was just about to leave his house after taking his favourite riffle with him.

He knew that he didn't need more as he was well aware of the fact that America always brought his own firearms and other military equipment, and more often than not would try to get everyone to learn how to use mainly the ones he deemed appropriate.

To his surprise,as he neared the kitchen window a short and sudden sound of a car horn made his head turn in the direction of the unpleasant sound.
"What the-?"was the only thing we was able to mutter in the moment confusion, as he saw a metallic black car parked in front of his house.
The moment of confusion was soon interrupted by yet another unexpected sound; the sound of vibration in his left pocket. The white and red country pulled the phone out of his pocket in a snappy manner.
An unknown number was calling him.
Somewhat concerned and puzzled with this situation, he quickly picked up the call wanting to hear an explanation to all of this.

" Are you gonna come out of there or should I break in and carry you to the meeting myself?" said a low voice with a  slight note of irritation.

_________________________________________
Author's note:
Thank you for all 10 of u (jk) that are still reading my low quality bs!
Honestly I would've given up on continuing this book completely if not u guys💗